Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know a way to increse your bikes visibiliy to stop light sensors I heard mangets but is there a certain kind of magnet? Its not fun waiting at them forever and then when a car pulls up behind you they stop like 10 feet behind you and dont understand when you wave them up :|

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
I have heard that you can mount some sort of "electromagnetic" device to the bottom of the bike. When you flip a switch, the device turns on and trips the sensor. I don't know how well they work or if they actually exist. I used to have a buddy that swore that if he turned his bike off then back on, the electromagnetic field created by the starter would trip the sensor. Once again, I think he may have been using some of his own supply!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
ReBorn said:
I just run them...Haven't been pulled over yet but I assume you can't get in that much trouble :shrug:

Don't quote me on this...but I believe some states say that if you sit threw two full red light you are legally able to go.

·
Registered
352 Posts
make a right, bust a U-turn, and make another right.. There you're on the other side.
Of course the more direct route is prefered bymost riders.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello friends
In Texas if u wait a reasonable time, it is legal to "run" the light, u have to treat it as not working correctly and treat it as a 4 way stop.
have heard that the magnet from a pc harddrive mounted under the bike will work. No personal knowledge tho.
later
Michael Hansen
La Porte Tx

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Run 'em when clear, treat it like a 4-way stop if you're in front.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
If there is a car or truck behind me I pull up a little more and motion to them to pull up behind me more, but that is just me !!!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
i know that in some states it is legal to treat a red light like a stop sign if you are on a motorcycle. i know for a fact that the law was just passed in TN.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll usually run it also, but not before shouting a few obscenities at it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I run it too. I have bought too many things that dont work. Really dont want to spend another 100 bucks when I could just run it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I asked a highway patrol here, he said if you run it no matter how long you sit there you will get a ticket, so i asked what am i supposed to do, and he told me back up and go straight or right, i thought id get a ticket for that to but who knows

·
Registered
118 Posts
Get yourself a couple of small super strong neodymium magnets and stick em to the lowest metal parts of your bike (probably exhaust). eBay is a good source for them. Should be something near the price of that green light tr***** thing, but you'll get stronger magnets and you'll be able to position them across the bottom of your bike.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
they have it @ www.tricktape.com fo e cheaper then greenlightstuff. i have 1. id say it works 65% of the time....no biggie for $7

1 - 20 of 26 Posts