Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
that sucks.

but, who insures a 15 year old bike against theft? I know it's a ducati, but still.
Someone thats spent a lot of time and energy on the bike i guess and why not.Ive a 15 year old Jap bike that ive spent 12 years and lots of hard earned modifying...its insured though sadly if it was stolen i couldnt really replace the one off stuff.Anyway i really hope theres a happy ending to this story,fingers crossed for you guys eh.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Was that the first time he had parked it on the street? If not, I find it a bit coincidental that the bike was stolen right after it was made legal. Someone from the gov't office tip off someone?

·
Registered
475 Posts
that sucks.

but, who insures a 15 year old bike against theft? I know it's a ducati, but still.
Someone thats spent a lot of time and energy on the bike i guess and why not. <snip>
Because it doesn't make financial sense - the insurance will usually end up being more of an expense than the cost of the bike. Even with insurance, you're not going to get back the cost of one-off parts or the time & labor put into it, as you mentioned.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Because it doesn't make financial sense - the insurance will usually end up being more of an expense than the cost of the bike. Even with insurance, you're not going to get back the cost of one-off parts or the time & labor put into it, as you mentioned.
That would be true with general insurance companys but theres plenty of specialty insurers out there (is down here anyway) that you can negotiate a decent cover price with,classic car and bike insurers will take on one off stuff with surprisingly low payments.As we have both said though you can never replace the one off stuff no matter what the price,as for the time and labour what price madness eh:beer

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Who steals a 15 year old sportbike? Hope you had insurance man
Same kind of person that stole my Hawk GT when it was 16 years old. It never came back either :( I hate thieves

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
that sucks.

My 14 year old ZX6R is fully insured still. It doesn't cost me that much to keep it that way so I do. If it's stolen I'll get a little something

1 - 12 of 12 Posts