Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy I work with had his R1 stolen this weekend from in front of his house. Please, keep an eye out for it. If anyone find any more info, please let me know or contact the police. Thanks Guys, here's the info he gave me:

Stolen 2002 Yamaha R1
Two tone Silver and Black
14,000 miles
Carbon Fiber High Mount Mig Exhaust
VIN# JYARN10E12A003671
License Plate: FP533
Flush mount white/clear front directionals
Integrated blinkers in the brake light
No rear fender
Tank pad with “R1” in red
K+N High flow air filter
No reflectors
Had no cosmetic damage at the time it was stolen
Stolen sometime between 8:30pm on Saturday July 10th and 10:00am Sunday July 11th 2004. Stolen from East Belleview Ave and Oakland, Milwaukee WI 53211.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Man that sucks! I would lose my freakin mind if that shit happened to me, I'll keep my eye's open, but it's a shame to say but I'm sure that thing is srtipped down to nothing by now.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My friend who had his Integra Type-R stolen about 4 months ago just got a call from the police that it was found last night. He went down and all that was left was the shell- everything was gutted including the interior!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm pretty confident it's parted, too, but I thought I spread the word for the guy. I feel bad for him, he had no insurance. I know, I know, not smart to not have insurance, but all the same I thought I'd help him out. He's a nice guy that didn't deserve this. So thanks to anyone that keeps an eye open or helps out.

·
Registered
459 Posts
riding an R1 without insurance.. wow..

hope he gets it back.. I initially thought it was yours.. that would have been sad.. I guess it wouldn't be too bad though since it would be easy to indentify

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open out here in the sticks. :brick

·
Banned
145 Posts
ibjames said:
I initially thought it was yours..
Me too! Scared me for a second ...

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hmm, that seems to be the east side M.O. I hope your friend gets it back, but the likely hood is low.

Hmmm, to even count the cars of friends stolen and found stripped in the hood would take me a while.......My accord got broken into bi-weekly, and when I got the civic I moved.

Most funnie - my roomates b16 hatchback civic, found on blocks on the south side, after living in our new apartment ONE night............ and then 2 years later his LS VTEC integra was found on locust and bremen after being stolen a couple months previously....only thing left was the deck-lid, frame, back seat, and his box of dominos....only thing recognizable was his deceptacon sticker on the decklid. The cops didnt even find it...he got a letter from the neighborhood association saying it was a public nuisance in an alley.

·
All new kind of FAST!!
286 Posts
that's just not cool... bad area to leave bikes out over night... I feel for the guy, but most likely the bike is parted... I'll keep an eye out though... just in case.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys this is the dude who got his bike jacked. just wanted to thank rythemdjs for getting the word out and for you guys replying to the ad. This sucks as you all have stated but you can only imagine what im going through right now. I made a big mistake by not having insurance and also being dumb enough to leave my bike out in front of my place. The area i live i guess is decieving, there are bikes out all over though. This is my fourth bike ive owned, and ive ridden cycles for almost 12 years and really never thought this could happen to me. The people who did this probably dont even ride, which pisses me off even more, there just dishonest people who cant work for what they own like you and i. Ive talked with some people, this happened so quickly I think it was a local job, i think the bike is still in the area. I appreciate you guys keeping your eye out, i dont have an exact picture of the bike but i will get a pic of it stock out here, but im sure you all know what the 02 Silver and black R1 looked like. If anyone wants to help me take a more pro-active approach to this let me know, i have some ideas. nothing serious i just want to see if i can get some riders together in the area. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know I'll help however I can man. Again, I'm sorry this happened to you, it sucks all the way around. I hate theives...I hope we find them :hshot :chair :mg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts