Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early this morning my bike was stolen from my apartment parking lot in the Arboretum area off of Jollyville Rd. Please be on the lookout for a 2003 Yamaha R6 SE and contact the police if you happen to see it. Apparently there has been a lot of auto theft in the area recently.... Everyone be safe with your rides and please keep me posted if you happen to run across mine. Picture attached, thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I've had two friends have their bikes jacked near campus. Neither were recovered but yours is easier to identify. Check clist as much as possible and try to catch them parting it out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:

My bike was recovered 2 days later wrecked....actually totalled. Somehow the bastard had enough adrenaline to jump on the back of another bike of a friend he was riding with and flee the scene before the cops could arrive. I hope he's hurt pretty bad, serves him right.

The good news is I got a pretty decent settlement from my insurance company because of all the modifications and the overall condition of the bike before it was stolen and ended up upgrading to an R1. So things somehow worked out better in the end.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Glad to hear some positive came out of it. Now, just make sure you schedule that appointment to get the Lojack installed.

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
How much is lo-jack for bikes running? It's partially based on the value of the bike right?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Lojack is 3-400 depending on what level you get. The higher price is if you get the early warning system, which automatically notifies Lojack if the bike is moved and the keyfob is not within apporx. 60 feet. Without the upgrade, they don't know until you call them.
Value of the bike is not a factor.

I was gonna get it on my Ducati, but can't find a dealer to do it. From what I understand, Lojack only allows them to charge so much, and figures X hours for installation. Only problem is the it takes X+Y, making it loss every time they do one. Non-Ducati dealers just say no to doing it on other brands.

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Sorry about the jacking. Always be weary of your bike if you live near a bike dealership. They know where thousands of bikes sleep at night.

Lojack is 3-400 depending on what level you get. The higher price is if you get the early warning system, which automatically notifies Lojack if the bike is moved and the keyfob is not within apporx. 60 feet. Without the upgrade, they don't know until you call them.
Value of the bike is not a factor.

I was gonna get it on my Ducati, but can't find a dealer to do it. From what I understand, Lojack only allows them to charge so much, and figures X hours for installation. Only problem is the it takes X+Y, making it loss every time they do one. Non-Ducati dealers just say no to doing it on other brands.
Get a phone that can be traced by gps. Any phone made in the last few years should be able. I know a blackberry will. You could stick it under the passenger seat, or somewhere even more hidden near the battery. When something happens, call your phone company telling them someone stole your baby and your cell phone was in their pocket, then they should be able to take it from there:lol I think it can even work with the phone off, but Im not sure of that yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts