Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I am getting laid off this December I cashed out my retirement acct the day before the Fed announced end of easing coming. I thought that stock market train was going to Dow 17k this year. It was a great run these past few years. Now its seems like China is cracking, housing bubble? You guys see that 60 minutes report on their bubble? Look it up very interesting.

Could this really the year when that China housing bubble bursts. They have been saying it for what 5 years now. Not sure it will happen as the China government is beyond loaded. Sorry I am not really informed on these matters, just a headline reading kind of guy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok so so far from what ive been hearing from analysts is that we are going to have gains over the next 2-3 years but then a more severe crash then the 08 one. bu that is just speculation, with the new regimes in power in the middle east, and most of our curency stability coming from the oil trade that prediction may never come true so we shall see...

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I predict moderate stability in the next 3-5 years. I brlieve the potential for a greater than 2008 crash is there but I plan to leave my retirements with some in the markets. If something severe happens, the retirement or the dollar value will be the least of my concerns.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Ok so so far from what ive been hearing from analysts is that we are going to have gains over the next 2-3 years but then a more severe crash then the 08 one. bu that is just speculation, with the new regimes in power in the middle east, and most of our curency stability coming from the oil trade that prediction may never come true so we shall see...
They've been saying there's going to be a double dip ever since 2008. And yet life keeps going on...

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Investors are flooding this area. They aren't touching much below 200k but 300k and up is going nuts

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Hard to know how much of the recovery is organic and how much is due to government actions (stimulus, quantitative easing).

Hard to know what's going on in China. I hear all about empty cities, but I keep seeing the same one over and over in the news. Sorry, it takes more than one empty city to do in a nation of a billion souls (heck, we have one here and we've only a third the population).

One thing I do know. Anyone who could accurately predict the markets would have way, way more money than me.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The market has become a bit unstable in the past few weeks. End of last year and beginning of this year we were in a much better position. With some instability in china and gold and resources dropping the market has taken a beating. Word is that the bear market is coming. Large cap stocks seem to be your best bet.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking of using my cashed out retirement acct to buy a 2013 GSXR 600- NEW. Tempted sometimes especially when its sunny and warm out but I know come October when its rains everyday in Seattle I will regret it.
OTOH, you got to enjoy life cause we all die someday.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I was thinking of using my cashed out retirement acct to buy a 2013 GSXR 600- NEW. Tempted sometimes especially when its sunny and warm out but I know come October when its rains everyday in Seattle I will regret it.
Horrible idea. Don't touch your retirement savings unless it's an absolute emergency.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I would rather die with some cash for my later years than not.

You can also use a plan for your first house or a medical emergency. I

A motorcycle is a luxury. Buying a motorcycle with your retirement is retarded.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
They've been saying there's going to be a double dip ever since 2008. And yet life keeps going on...
Thats why they finally are raising the interest rates as they should have and people expected in 2004-2005. But those who decided the matter made a fortune on the consequences.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Stock market will continue to go up as long as the FED keeps printing like crazy.
Downside is hyper inflation.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Or you reinvest in a lower risk vehicle if you are expecting bad things. Don't buy a bike that loses a good chunk of the value after you start it up once. In 5 years that $12-13k bike will be worth a third of the price tag.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Why wouldn't he have converted the retirement account into a low risk vehicle, instead of taking the penalty?

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I predict a complete, total and utter crash of the entire worlds monetary system by the end of 2015.

You heard it here first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts