Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Finally on 2 Wheels!!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
POLICE STILL SEARCHING FOR BIKERS
Police are still searching for a group of bikers who caused an accident in St. Charles over the weekend. Investigators say the cyclists were doing daredevil stunts like these from a street racers website. Eight people were seriously injured late Saturday when the group on motorcycles ran a family off the road on eastbound 364. The motorcycles were attempting to exit off upper bottom road when the accident happened. Jeff Myers from Missouri Highway Patrol said, "Six motorcycles were going down 364 in the left lane doing wheelies and showing off reckless type driving. When they cut off, they were the reason why this accident happened." Two accident victims were flown to nearby hospitals, and six other passengers were transported by ambulance.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Yeah, who was it that said stunting doesn't cause harm to anyone else? Yeah, you can shut up now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
this shit makes me think of that dude Diggity on MTV's show the other night... say'n crap like "we're just out try'n to do our thing... and you have people arround it's an obstical, and an anoyance... I'm not try'n to wreck this bike, broken bones don't sound good, possibly die'n doesn't sound good to me either" that kid was a IDIOT!

·
Finally on 2 Wheels!!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I just saw the MTV show last night and thought the same thing (thanks to whoever posted a link to it)

·
Registered
912 Posts
that is stupid no details at all

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
although they shouldn't've been stunting close to traffic like that, I have to agree, there are a lot of details left out. Way too many to formulate an opinion as to what really happened

·
Finally on 2 Wheels!!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To me it sounds like they were in the left lane, realized they needed to get off, and probably spooked the driver of the car.

That's the only story I saw on the accident.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I'm with those that need some more detail before I go condemning stunters to oblivion.
Just how did the stunters run someone off the road? And was it stunting that caused it or more racing type moves. The article mentioned 'cutting off' which sounds like a last minute corner in front of the vehicle, not really a stunt.
But it does go to show that no matter what actually causes a wreck, if someone sees you doing a wheelie, stunting WILL be used as the cause by the media. Doesn't matter if you crash on a corner a mile after you put down a wheelie- the headline will read that stunting was the cause.

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
TheSollyLama said:
I'm with those that need some more detail before I go condemning stunters to oblivion.
Just how did the stunters run someone off the road? And was it stunting that caused it or more racing type moves. The article mentioned 'cutting off' which sounds like a last minute corner in front of the vehicle, not really a stunt.
But it does go to show that no matter what actually causes a wreck, if someone sees you doing a wheelie, stunting WILL be used as the cause by the media. Doesn't matter if you crash on a corner a mile after you put down a wheelie- the headline will read that stunting was the cause.
+1. I agree...too much info left out. The sad part is, there seems to be an inordinate amount of bikers that think like cagers and jump to conclusions without getting the full account. Hell, the cagers give us enough hate....shouldn't have to dish it out amongst ourselves.

If it turns out that these guys were stunting and it was a direct cause of the accident, then call a duck what it is. However, that doesn't give carte blanche to say all stunters cause accidents.

If not, and these guys just passed on the left with undue speed, and made a hasty exit, cutting off the car driver, then that's a traffic infraction, and not directly related to stunting. That's just like another car coming out the carpool lane over the double yellows, traversing three lanes to make an exit, and cuts off another car. Just because the perps were on bikes shouldn't make them any more or less susceptible to causing accidents than a cager would be.

·
Finally on 2 Wheels!!
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found this story on KSDK.Com. The story I posted was from fox2ktvi.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Missouri State Highway Patrol officials are seeking information on six motorcycle riders who may have caused a crash on eastbound highway 364, Saturday night.

Eight people, from two St. Charles-area families were riding in one SUV which rolled down the south side of the new Page Avenue Extension, just west of Upper Bottoms Road.

Corporal Jeff Myers is with the Missouri State High Patrol.

"What witnesses have told us is there were six motorcycles going down 364, riding wheelies, showing off, doing stunts," says Myers. "There was another vehicle following them. They cut off to hit Upper Bottoms Road. And when they did that, the car that was right next to them, swerved, and hit another Suburban occupied by eight people."

Six of the people in the Suburban were ejected. All of them were transported to hospitals.

Captain Dan Rigdon is with Central County Fire and Rescue.
"Most of them were in critical condition and had to be packaged completely, for transport. That means cervical spine protection, hard backboards, and two of those patients were critical enough to fly out with head injuries."

Corporal Myers says the motorcycle riders may have been doing more than just traveling together. In fact, they may have been one of those so-called motorcycle stunt groups that have been seen, lately, on area highways.

"I don't know if it's as prevalent as the problem we were having in the area of I-270, south of 44," says Myers. "But it's the same type of stuff, reckless driving, popping wheelies, total disregard for the safety of others."

Myers says highway patrol officials would like to hear from anyone who saw the motorcycles, or the people driving them.

"I'm looking for any information anybody can provide, license plates, descriptions, etc. If you might know of anybody who does that kind of riding around this area, please, give highway patrol, troop C headquarters a call."

The telephone number for Missouri State Highway Patrol Troop C Headquarters is (314) 340-4000.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I don't stunt, but stunting doesn't to harm to people, it's the person that has "control" of the bike that harms people...

But like mentioned already, it does seem like this could be a summarized story with a lot of details missing. If thats exactly how it happened then the riders deserve to get some big jail time.

Then again, when someone runs a motorcyclist off the road or hits one while running a stop sign 20mph over the speed limit they only get 100 days in jail.

·
Registered
912 Posts
driver and paasenger fault. WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Stunting on Public Roads is totally against the law yet so many do not care & they have onlookers that think all of this is great stuff to see.

Then why should not robberies be something that others would like to see & think to be great stuff to even a bit of blood & guts in the robberies to even make it more attractive?

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
here's the real question IMO...if i, or you, were driving that SUV and a group of moto-riders just started to get over in my/your lane would you sweve?

obviously it cost the driver of that sweveing SUV a lot in order to save a bunch of jerk-off stunters who still don't have the balls to come clean.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
The driver of the SUV that swerved is at fault. They were probably watching a movie or talking on the phone and got all surprised. I thought people bought SUV's to be safer. He should have obliterated the bikers and kept rollin.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I agree, the bikers should have been a little more responsible as well as been in the right lane to exit a little earlier.

However, idiot drivers didn't help the situation, and actually hit ANOTHER car which also happened to be full of idiots that weren't wearing seatbelts. I think Darwin was at work here, but didn't take the bikers out by some odd reason.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts