Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put in 15 weight fork fluid. but a few people i have been talking to around here said somthing about putting a preload on the springs. what do you guys think of this and how could i do it?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nikon02 said:
I am going to put in 15 weight fork fluid. but a few people i have been talking to around here said somthing about putting a preload on the springs. what do you guys think of this and how could i do it?
Have you tried adding a few clicks of compression? Adding preload to the front will mainly effect the front end sag.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
There is a spacer between the spring and the fork cap. This preloads the spring. Longer spacer for more preload. Ideally you want about 35mm of sag with you sitting on the bike.

Preload shouldn't really make the forks feel stiffer unless you are WAY off.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
roadracer319 said:
Have you tried adding a few clicks of compression? Adding preload to the front will mainly effect the front end sag.
Non-adjustable forks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stiffen the forks

You can cut an inch or so off the springs and install a longer spacer. This will increase the spring rate and allow you to still set the sag correctly but will also reduce the travel a little. The yamahafz1oa.com site has a good how to on this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts