Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sticker on the frame, partially covered by the fairing that has the serial # of the bike on it. Is this something that should stay on the bike or do you think theres no harm in taking it off. It's starting to bug me. =)

Jay

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
jim schmidt said:
Are you talking about the one on the steering head? DO NOT take it off. It's your Vehicle Identification Number. Without it, you cannot transfer ownership of your bike or get it inspected.
I think he's talking about the one on the frame below the tank.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Serial numbers are usually improtant, i would keep it if i were you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If the white sticker on the frame just under the tank is the one your talking about then take it off. The white one can come off without any worries about losing the serial number of your bike. That information is on the badge on the steering tube. The serial number will also be stamped elsewhere on the bike, don' worry about it, aburke's on glue.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
I moved it lower and forward of the frame towards the steering tube hidden by the tank. Gotta look up underneath the tank to read it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I completely removed all stickers from my bike. It's nude as can be...:D

·
Livin' on the Edge!
1,461 Posts
Get rid of it. It serves no purpose other than to look like crap. Your vin info is on the steering head. I think it is to make identifcation easier for the dealer.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright it's going. I kind of figured that they wouldn't put the serial number/vin on the bike solely as a sticker that is, eventually, bound to degrade no matter what.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The sticker is gone, I stuck it onto my bike's file folder in case I ever need it again. Came off really easy, too, compared to those wide swingarm stickers that gave me one hell of a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts