Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, it's about that time. The Seca has been good to me, but it's time for more power.

Here's my criteria:

1) Healthy amount of horsepower: not that I need to stand it up in 5th or anything, but enough that I don't run out of speedometer on a regular basis

2) High seat height: I'm 6 foot, and the Seca had me flat-footed w/ my knees bent.

3) Low-mounted handle bars: Again, relative to the Seca (or VFR 800).

4) Fuel-injection: If I have a bike stall on me at a stoplight one more time....

5) Price range that will accomodate probably anything in the 2000-03 range.

Just a little background: I took the MSF course when I was 18, have ridden the Seca ever since, and also ridden a VFR 800. The 800 was powerful, but fairly heavy and with a less aggressive riding stance (i.e. high mounted bars, low seat height).

All your suggestions are appreciated! :eatpop

·
Banned
2,093 Posts
RC-51....

but any honda will do... :)

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Haha, are you guys blind?

How about a Tuono instead.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Honda CBR 954 '02-'03 or '00-'02 ZX-9R would be perfect choices IMHO. An older Honda 929 wouldnt be too bad either. The ZX-9R is a great street bike with plenty of power.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
I think I would look around on the net for an 03 954 still sitting on the showroom floor.I found a few about 6 months back.

·
Smiley Gladhands
3,050 Posts
Raven R1 said:
+1 going from a seca to a liter is a big step up for anyone
Eh...you can handle it. I have an '01 Honda 929 for sale that you might like! Just click the link in my signature!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for the suggestions guys, keep em comin.

I think I'm leaning towards a CBR. The RC51 is a bit overkill IMO (and it's single seat), and I'm not too impressed by the Kawi's (although the '05 ZX6R styling is sweet). So I guess now the question is whether to get a 600 or a 900. Like I say, my only real reference to b***** bikes have been the ones my Dad's ridden ('87 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane, '00 Honda VFR800), and both those have essentially the same amount of power as a newer 600. The CBR600 actually has the same HP as the VFR, and weighs 90 lbs less!

What about a Gixxer 600 or 750? There seem to be alot of those for sale since everyone and their grandma had one a few years back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well after lots of research, I think a 2000-01 CBR 929 RR is my best bet. Looks like I can pick one up for between $5500-6500. Now to decide whether I like the yellow or the Erion paint scheme, decisions decisions.... :dblthumb

Freeky929- Beautiful bike man, if I lived closer to TN and had the cash (gotta sell the Seca first) I'd definetley make ya an offer

·
Registered
333 Posts
seca2r6 said:
4) Fuel-injection: If I have a bike stall on me at a stoplight one more time....
I hate to break it to you, but that's user error, not bike error.

As far as the 929 goes...very sweet bike. Remember to post pics!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heath3n said:
I hate to break it to you, but that's user error, not bike error.
Maybe I phrased it wrong. After riding hard for awhile, stopping at a light and having the engine sit at idle for more than a few seconds sometimes causes it to die or require an obscene amount of clutch feathering to get it off the line clean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts