Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be taking my bike to the track this upcoming summer. I have a 2002 yzf - r6 and was told I should look into getting a steering stabilizer since mine doesn't have one.

Any of you know any companies that them and are compatible with my bike?

Thanks,.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I made my own for my 04. I got the damper body off ebay from china and fabricated the mounting brackets.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Most will fit its only really the mounting brackets that vary. My question is along these lines when was the fork oil last changed, rear shock serviced have you adjusted your suspension for your weight or got someone to do it for you? How good are the tyres you currently have fitted and has someone check the steering head bearings in recent memory on your 10 year old motorcycle?

Except for tyres all are cheaper than a damper and will have a significant improvement on handling than a damper ever hopes to.

·
the joke is in your hand
8,594 Posts
the 99-02 r6 was more prone to head shake issues than 03+.

scotts was the most popular brand. but that was before all the others came to market.

now you can get some pretty cheap. I'm not a total believer they're necessary. my bike wiggles all the time but it's never freaked me out to the point I feel I should have one. race orgs are bitches and require you to have one. so if you're racing you'll need one no matter what. but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over having one even for track days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts