Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
cheekybeast
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I checked my rear tire today, and a lil less than 1/4th of the tire has the steel belt showing. Is it okay to ride on that tire for about a week or so? Thats the fastest i can come up with some money to get a new tire.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
wow, just wow

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
DO NOT RIDE ON THAT TIRE FOR ANY REASON AT ALL.
It can blow out at any time and cause damage to the bike or you.

·
Banned
521 Posts
steel belt? you really wanna be riding around on a steel belt? last I heard steel belts dont provide very good traction... wait till u get new rubber.

·
cheekybeast
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why is it worn so unevenly? Most of the tire has plenty of tread left on it, yet this one section has the belt showing a bit already.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
cheekybeast said:
Why is it worn so unevenly? Most of the tire has plenty of tread left on it, yet this one section has the belt showing a bit already.
That could be due to a few reasons. You could have had uneven air presure or inproper air preasure. It could have been from stoping hard on that spot ect.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
cheekybeast said:
My guess is that the wear bars were showing in the center about 1,000 miles ago as was already suggested. You need to learn how to check tires for wear my friend. You'd be amazed how easy it is to push something like a pencil through that tire where the belt is showing. Good way to get a blowout by simply running over a rock. :eek:

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've got a question, too. Figured I'd ask here, if you don't mind. Me and the fiance were wrestling around, when I slipped on the tile floor and fell head first into a fire poker. The poker went through my eye socket, and came out near the bottom of my skull in the back of my head. There is incredible pain and a fierce amount of bleeding. Should I go to the emergency room now, or will I be ok if I wait till friday, seeing as how I don't have the cash right now? It's very odd that I'm not dead right now, so I figured I could just push my luck and make it to the end of the week. What do you think? :rolleyes :lao

·
cheekybeast
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aright sorry.. i'll get that out asap. I only asked because I drove my old car on the steel for like a week :2eek

·
old member
13,079 Posts
highfigh said:
I've got a question, too. Figured I'd ask here, if you don't mind. Me and the fiance were wrestling around, when I slipped on the tile floor and fell head first into a fire poker. The poker went through my eye socket, and came out near the bottom of my skull in the back of my head. There is incredible pain and a fierce amount of bleeding. Should I go to the emergency room now, or will I be ok if I wait till friday, seeing as how I don't have the cash right now? It's very odd that I'm not dead right now, so I figured I could just push my luck and make it to the end of the week. What do you think? :rolleyes :lao
Didn't your mama always tell you not to wrestle close to the fire poker? Didn't she always say that you'd put your eye out? I'll bet you also run swinging that damn thing over your head. If it didn't come out clean on the back side, you better get over to the emergency room. Otherwise probably a bandaid will hold you for a while. :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
You drive a car and the tire blows you still have three others working for you. Imagine whats happens when your tires shreds on your bike cruisin along the highway! Not trying to rip on you, I actually did it on the first set of tires I had!! Had the stock Dunlops on the SV was cruisin along a highway and the tail started to wiggle so I pulled over. Very stupid and squidly of me, I was lucky all that happened was a slow leak, don't want to think what woulda happened to me and my bike going 75 in traffic if that thing had blown! Gotta be careful out there, the cages are trying to kill ya so you gotta control what you can!

·
Registered
863 Posts
cheekybeast said:
So I checked my rear tire today, and a lil less than 1/4th of the tire has the steel belt showing. Is it okay to ride on that tire for about a week or so? Thats the fastest i can come up with some money to get a new tire.
I slapped my head Homer Style so hard reading this I actually got a headache.

cheekybeast said:
aright sorry.. i'll get that out asap. I only asked because I drove my old car on the steel for like a week
At this point my mind had gone totally numb, but at least the headache was gone.

Trust me, I can totally understand the money thing .... but I agree with most that you should have noticed and planned for this LONG before it got this far. Holy crap, dude. Imagine the cost if the tire blows and you go down.

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
When was the last time you were driving your cage, had a flat and ended up plowing some turf with your nose in the ditch?? Keep riding on that steel belt and get back to us on how it's working out for you...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts