Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: I found a fairing on ebay for my bike and monitored it for the entire auction....when there was only 2 hours left I decided since there wasn't a bid on it and the starting bid was $20 I would bid. I entered a max bid of $78.39. Not to long after entering the bid I see that I was outbid by ARMEN1950, this guy had only one feedback and for some reason I checked him out and the one positive feedback came from the seller (MUDILO) of the fairing...being a tad suspicious of this I decided to check his bidding history and found out that with the exception of one bid he only had bid on items offered by the seller (MUDILO). It now becomes apparent to me that the seller (MUDILO) is using a shill bidder to drive up the prices on his auctions....PLEASE DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE SELLER MUDILO. SINCE HE ALSO GIVES OUT HIS NUMBER ONLINE...PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL HIM AND LET HIM KNOW THAT HE IS A COMPLETE ASSHOLE AND TO STOP TRYING TO SCREW BIKERS OVER...HERE IS THE NUMBER 818 709 1517...YOU CAN ALSO FIND THE NUMBER ON THE AUCTION DESCRIPTION.

I HAVE ENCLOSED THE LINKS TO THE AUCTION AND TO THE SHILL BIDDERS HISTORY...CHECK THEM OUT.


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2486868093&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI....cordsperpage=50&sosortorder=2&nojspr=y&pfid=0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Joined
·
402 Posts
Good job...I'm Moore6 on EBAY over 450 pos no negs, I report anyone I suspect of shill bidding or those BS overseas "too good to believe" deals on bikes too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Damn, why didn't I ever think of that?

Oh yeah, because it's pointless. If he insists on not taking less than a set amount... well that's called a reserve. Why he didn't just set the reserve, I don't know, but the effect is the same. Either way, you paid what you were willing to pay for the item, it's not like he ripped you off somehow. In fact, it sounds like you're just angry that you didn't rip HIM off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,314 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
Damn, why didn't I ever think of that?

Oh yeah, because it's pointless. If he insists on not taking less than a set amount... well that's called a reserve. Why he didn't just set the reserve, I don't know, but the effect is the same. Either way, you paid what you were willing to pay for the item, it's not like he ripped you off somehow. In fact, it sounds like you're just angry that you didn't rip HIM off.
I think when you drive the price up like that it gets to peoples sense of competion. People might not want to pay that much until they have to fight for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bluesnowmonkey said:
Damn, why didn't I ever think of that?

Oh yeah, because it's pointless. If he insists on not taking less than a set amount... well that's called a reserve. Why he didn't just set the reserve, I don't know, but the effect is the same. Either way, you paid what you were willing to pay for the item, it's not like he ripped you off somehow. In fact, it sounds like you're just angry that you didn't rip HIM off.

WTF???? are you kidding me??? He set the starting price...true...he should have set a reserve or a higher starting price...but HE DIDN'T....so he uses a fake bidder to drive up the price and this is somehow OK in your mind?? I am not mad because I didn't get the fairing for an unbelievably cheap price...I am mad because the seller didn't play the game by the rules. I am also mad because he rips off our community. and by the way...I DIDN'T BUY THE FAIRING...I was outbid by the shill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
452 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
Damn, why didn't I ever think of that?

Oh yeah, because it's pointless. If he insists on not taking less than a set amount... well that's called a reserve. Why he didn't just set the reserve, I don't know, but the effect is the same. Either way, you paid what you were willing to pay for the item, it's not like he ripped you off somehow. In fact, it sounds like you're just angry that you didn't rip HIM off.
Actually, when you use a reserve price, the fee for the auction is higher. In addition, he has a right to be angry. The point of having an auction site like eBay is to allow bidders a chance to get items for lower than they want. The seller is artificially generating demand for his item. Instead of getting a really good deal for the item, the buyer is now more than he should have to... all the while making it look like the auction was legit.

Hopefully REDVFR reported this to eBay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sjlee said:
Actually, when you use a reserve price, the fee for the auction is higher. In addition, he has a right to be angry. The point of having an auction site like eBay is to allow bidders a chance to get items for lower than they want. The seller is artificially generating demand for his item. Instead of getting a really good deal for the item, the buyer is now more than he should have to... all the while making it look like the auction was legit.

Hopefully REDVFR reported this to eBay.

thank you...and yes...he has been reported...but I thought I would air it out here...you never know...somebody might.....

1. learn something from this post

2. Avoid getting ripped off by this or another seller
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,617 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
Damn, why didn't I ever think of that?

Oh yeah, because it's pointless. If he insists on not taking less than a set amount... well that's called a reserve. Why he didn't just set the reserve, I don't know, but the effect is the same. Either way, you paid what you were willing to pay for the item, it's not like he ripped you off somehow. In fact, it sounds like you're just angry that you didn't rip HIM off.

:eek: It's amazing that somebody would think this is a logical response to an obvious scam...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
s

BlueSnowMonkey Is Right on One thing and wrong on another.
Right on the fact that you do pay what your willing to do,you place a bid of the highest your willing to pay if you go over that its on your own will.
BUT
it is deceiving and a way of drawing in bidding that normally would have not occured.
Lets say something is avaliable and you have a max bid of 50 but its at 25.00
You were still willing to pay 50,but if someone comes in and ups it you may feel the need to get it,when the other person had no intention what so ever buying it and conned you out of an extra 25-26.00.
I sell alot on ebay its becoming my life
stores.ebay.com/eightyonemotorsports
So I feel it is def. necc to report such acts as it takes away confidence from straight sellers like my self and many others on and off this board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
REDVFR said:
:mad: I found a fairing on ebay for my bike and monitored it for the entire auction....when there was only 2 hours left I decided since there wasn't a bid on it and the starting bid was $20 I would bid. I entered a max bid of $78.39. Not to long after entering the bid I see that I was outbid by ARMEN1950, this guy had only one feedback and for some reason I checked him out and the one positive feedback came from the seller (MUDILO) of the fairing...being a tad suspicious of this I decided to check his bidding history and found out that with the exception of one bid he only had bid on items offered by the seller (MUDILO). It now becomes apparent to me that the seller (MUDILO) is using a shill bidder to drive up the prices on his auctions....PLEASE DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE SELLER MUDILO. SINCE HE ALSO GIVES OUT HIS NUMBER ONLINE...PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL HIM AND LET HIM KNOW THAT HE IS A COMPLETE ASSHOLE AND TO STOP TRYING TO SCREW BIKERS OVER...HERE IS THE NUMBER 818 709 1517...YOU CAN ALSO FIND THE NUMBER ON THE AUCTION DESCRIPTION.

I HAVE ENCLOSED THE LINKS TO THE AUCTION AND TO THE SHILL BIDDERS HISTORY...CHECK THEM OUT.


http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=2486868093&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws1/eBayISAPI....cordsperpage=50&sosortorder=2&nojspr=y&pfid=0

Which is why my auction sniping program is set to bid in the last 20 seconds of an auction.

No chance for shill bidders.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
bluesnowmonkey said:
Damn, why didn't I ever think of that?

Oh yeah, because it's pointless. If he insists on not taking less than a set amount... well that's called a reserve. Why he didn't just set the reserve, I don't know, but the effect is the same. Either way, you paid what you were willing to pay for the item, it's not like he ripped you off somehow. In fact, it sounds like you're just angry that you didn't rip HIM off.

Because you have to pay $$$ to set a reserve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
I reported a local dealer for doing the same thing. They had driven up the cost of a bike and a Harley truck by using shill bidders. The idiots used the name of one of their salesmen to do the bidding.

They'd basically wait for the bidding to die down then bid just a little more than the higher bid. It'd start a whole new frenzy of bidding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
REDVFR said:
and by the way...I DIDN'T BUY THE FAIRING...I was outbid by the shill.
So you lost exactly nothing? That bastard, we need to string him up right now! lol, jk. Seriously, I didn't know it was against the rules and you're supposed to pay for the reserve thing. So that's not right. But if the big objection is that people don't like being manipulated (not cheated, big difference!) while bidding on Ebay... come on, just think about that for a second.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
he has a 96% positive rating....I won't bid unless the seller has at least 50 feedback and 95% approval rating. The one exception to this rule is if I have the ability to talk to the seller before I bid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
646 Posts
I think that something similar may happen to me when my auction is up. I set a max price of $100 for a jacket, but the bidding has been steady at 20.00 for the past few days. well yesterday, and bidder comes in and finds my max of $100 by bidding up to $102.50 and then retracting the bid saying that he entered the wrong bid amount. I feel like now as soon as the auction is gonna end, this bidder, or someone else in on it will bid like 98.50 knowing my reserve is $100. If that happens, ebay will hear it from me..

holy crap...as i went to go get the link to my auction to post on here...guess what, someone with 1 feedback just ran me directly up to my reserve and stopped...well, its on now. something just dont feel right about this.

ebay item im bidding on

EDIT: well, i lost to the guy...so jokes on me. i was wrong and i also lost. guess i shouldnt have jumped on the wagon so quickly.
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top