Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, it'll be a long read but I'm hoping that it's enough for you local guys to stay away from this shithole of a shop.

Strike 1:

When I had my 06 I had them install the tires that I bought online. Price was competitive and the shop was local so I figured why not. All was fine. A few weeks later when I was having some fun, I noticed the bike started to wobble like crazy over 110mph. I immediately knew they didn't balance the tires properly, BUT, I let it slide since I rarely rode at those speeds.

But two other .net members (I'll ask them to chime in) had their tires installed from Nassau Motorsports and they BOTH had the same wobbling problems. They actually went back and had them re-balance the tires and the problem was fixed, from what they told me. Kind of strange for 3 bikes to have the same problem.

Strike 2:

When I got my 07 recently I had them install my HIDs with Tripage's delay relay harness. I usually do stuff myself (oil changes, coolant, headers, etc) but HIDs always intimidated me, especially adding something supplementary like the relay harness. So I had NM (Nassau motorsports) do it.

The "mechanic" (and I'll explain why it's in quotes later) stated that the Tripage harness was faulty and he made me hear a "clicking" noise when he used it on the bike. I had him look at the video instructions online and he assured me he followed what was being done but still told me it wouldn't work. I was surprised b/c I knew Tripage wouldn't make a defective product. I did get in touch with Tripage thru PM afterwards and he told me they installed it the wrong way, that's why the clicking noise was happening.

He then told me I would be ok installing HIDs as-is b/c the bike cuts off power to the lights when it is being cranked, so it won't drain the battery. This is true, so I figured fine, install the HIDs as-is. That's exactly what was done.

When he rolled the bike out to me after the install I immediately noticed the front nose fairing wasn't aligned properly. So as I went to pop it in I noticed the tab was broken. Anyone who has an 07-08 knows how easily those tabs break. I confronted the "mechanic" and he said "oh it was like that, but see, it still pops into place fine". I doubted him right away and I KNEW he broke it b/c the front end was never taken off before so how could it be broken? I let it slide though.

Strike 3:

(refer to this thread: Didn't know HIDs can be this harmful... : Honda CBR 600RR Sportbike Forum : 600RR.Net)

In short... after the HID install I noticed after a few ride cycles that my battery got weaker gradually and eventually it just wouldn't crank. So I put the battery on charge and it STILL wouldn't crank the bike. Since the bike was still new to me I figured its an older battery and it was done with. So I went to Nassau Motorsports and bought a Bikemaster gel battery. I put it in the bike and it fired up right away. I was happy.

Sure enough, again, after a few ride cycles I noticed that the cranks would get weaker and weaker. Eventually the bike left me stranded at a gas station and wouldn't start. I kept thinking the HIDs were draining the battery b/c I didnt install an on/off or delay at the same time. Then I made that thread that I posted above and found out that even installing HIDs without any of those still shouldn't kill a brand new battery that quickly. So I knew I had a problem.

I had the bike transported to Powerhouse in West Babylon, LI, the same shop that mapped my 06 and 07 and that installed the tires on my 07 recently (after the shitty balancing NM did on my 06 I didn't want them to install the tires on my 07). I trust Powerhouse wholeheartedly. These guys build some REALLY fast busas and they know what they're doing. He hasn't had a chance to look at my bike yet but told me for sure that NM messed up on the install because there's no way a new battery can be drained out that fast. So I'm hoping to hear from them within the next few days.

NEVER GO TO NASSAU MOTORSPORTS! STAY AWAY! DONT EVEN DRIVE PAST THE SHOP!

Nassau Motorsports only has one guy who works on bikes and he's not even a mechanic. He's just a guy who happens to know a thing or two about bikes and works on them.

Even the guy who transported my bike to Powerhouse told me he heard horrible things about Nassau Motorsports and that the shop should be out of business. I gave the shop enough chances but their incompetence is simply not acceptable. Once Powerhouse fixes the bike then I'm going to call Nassau Motorsports what they did wrong and that I'll never go there again.

I really hope you local guys in Queens and LI stay away from this place. Here is their website:

RC Hobby RTR Buggies & Trucks, Motorcycle, ATV, Dirt Bike Parts | Nassau Motorsports

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good to know. I do almost all bike work myself, even got a no mar tire changer to swap tires. Very helpful when you own multiple bikes and do track days.

I havent balanced my tires in some time including on my track bike and have been up to 160 on it without any issue.

Have you checked the voltage regulator on your bike, a faulty one can kill a battery quickly. I learned this the hard way with my aprilia, and now it seems my buell has a similar issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know. I do almost all bike work myself, even got a no mar tire changer to swap tires. Very helpful when you own multiple bikes and do track days.

I havent balanced my tires in some time including on my track bike and have been up to 160 on it without any issue.

Have you checked the voltage regulator on your bike, a faulty one can kill a battery quickly. I learned this the hard way with my aprilia, and now it seems my buell has a similar issue.
Nope, I never checked the regulator, but I'm fairly sure that's not the issue because all these problems happened right after the HID install.

Bike is still at Powerhouse. They didnt have a chance to get to it yet, but its expected because he let me know before hand that he probably wouldn't get to it till next week. I don't THINK it could be anything major... right?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nope, I never checked the regulator, but I'm fairly sure that's not the issue because all these problems happened right after the HID install.

Bike is still at Powerhouse. They didnt have a chance to get to it yet, but its expected because he let me know before hand that he probably wouldn't get to it till next week. I don't THINK it could be anything major... right?
I am a retard when it comes to electronics, so I am def not the one to ask. I recall some of the older hondas having issues with the regulators ( as well as some other jappanese bikes) Given, the new lights were just installed I would lean towards that, but i neve rinstalled HID's or looked up how they work. I would think they will check it at the shop, unless they find the problem right away.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is NM the place on Jericho Tpke in like West Hempstead or so? I went there once to check it out... they didnt seem to have much stuff.. I have had Nations in Hempstead do some stuff like a tire, inspection, etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will bet when the shop checks out your bike, you are going to need a new regulator. Or your idle speed is set to low. Either way I don’t think it is your hid kit. I have HID kits on my bike, car no problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
lol this guy is an ass nassau motorcycle got my bike to run wen it wouldnt run for nothing . you see i do all the work on my bike myself but i just couldnt get this one to work so i brought it to this shop in less than a week they got my bike running. these people help me out alot with this bike and if there is a prob or u think they did something wrong go baq to them and he will check it out for u i dont see why anybody would trash this shop

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol this guy is an ass nassau motorcycle got my bike to run wen it wouldnt run for nothing . you see i do all the work on my bike myself but i just couldnt get this one to work so i brought it to this shop in less than a week they got my bike running. these people help me out alot with this bike and if there is a prob or u think they did something wrong go baq to them and he will check it out for u i dont see why anybody would trash this shop
and you're a douche :banana. Congrats on getting your bike to run. I understand shops mess up, but the same wheel balancing problem on 3 different bikes? Cracking the front tab on my fairing then lying saying he didn't do it? I shouldn't have to go back for anything. It should be done right the first time and with care.

The guys there are nice, which is cool. But I can't go somewhere where I cant trust them 100% with my bike. Wheel balancing problems at high speeds are no joke. Still waiting on hearing back regarding the problem with my bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
listen prick
everybody is human ok people make mistakes but if u go to balance a tire there is a couple thing to check the tire rim and the rear bolt if and is messed up so u cant really blame anybody i understand that u want it done right but sometime in does take more than one time at a shop to get it right it called trouble shooting asshole

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
listen prick
everybody is human ok people make mistakes but if u go to balance a tire there is a couple thing to check the tire rim and the rear bolt if and is messed up so u cant really blame anybody i understand that u want it done right but sometime in does take more than one time at a shop to get it right it called trouble shooting asshole
don't trouble shoot on other people's bikes! You shouldn't ever go into business b/c people would be taking you to court with your pathetic reasoning. And that's your only defense? The mistake was made on 3 different bikes. What can't your little pea brain comprehend about that? And I can't even understand what you type. The school system failed you big time.

Funny how you just registered and your first two posts are supporting NM. Well you know what? Make a thread praising their work since you're entitled to do that. You're obviously a fan of their's so by all means. This is MY review of three separate things that were done wrong so I'll leave it to other's to see it and decide.

And the tire issue was way gone. I'm talking about OTHER things now.

Piss off you troll

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
and you're a douche :banana. Congrats on getting your bike to run. I understand shops mess up, but the same wheel balancing problem on 3 different bikes? Cracking the front tab on my fairing then lying saying he didn't do it? I shouldn't have to go back for anything. It should be done right the first time and with care.

The guys there are nice, which is cool. But I can't go somewhere where I cant trust them 100% with my bike. Wheel balancing problems at high speeds are no joke. Still waiting on hearing back regarding the problem with my bike.
listen prick

How about you both stop calling each other names? Either agree to disagree or put each other on ignore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ride a Kawasaki ZX10R and had hid installed at Nassau Motorsports. And I have had no problems with the kit. They where installed in spring of 2010. As for your problem, you really need to check your charging system, it might be something stupid like a regulator or stator. And as for your other problems that you might have with them. You should contact who ever owns the shop and talk with them instead of bashing them on the internet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys Nassau Motorsports installed tires on my 07 r1 and 07 gsxr both of them r running fine they also did hid's on both the bikes and did a great job. If I am not happy with anything I just bring it back to the shop and Ray takes care of it. I have always been satisfied with there work

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
fun fact: tony098, fastzx10 and now badb2497 all JUST registered and their only posts have been to defend the shop. Fairly sure fastzx10 is the owner (could be wrong but I'm fairly sure of it) and the other 2 are actually 1 person vouching for the shop. You could get a hundred more new registered users to come on here and curse me out but this is MY review of my experiences at the shop and it still stands. As of this point I am no longer replying and will unsubscribe from this.

·
Registered
47 Posts
At least let us know what the final outcome is when its fixed. I am curious now if it is indeed something in the electrical system or soemthing withthe hid's.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Any update?

I do all my own work, however I brought the bike to Formula One in Oakdale to change the tires... They were quick and did a good job... The wheels were balanced and it rides nice... For someone who does their own work and hates letting people touch their rides, I would recommend Formula One if you needed another place...

I'm due for a new rear tire so I'm gonna be taking the wheel off the bike and just bringing that down this time...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any update?

I do all my own work, however I brought the bike to Formula One in Oakdale to change the tires... They were quick and did a good job... The wheels were balanced and it rides nice... For someone who does their own work and hates letting people touch their rides, I would recommend Formula One if you needed another place...

I'm due for a new rear tire so I'm gonna be taking the wheel off the bike and just bringing that down this time...
Just get a no mar, I pickedone up a few yrs ago after using the HF one for a while. If you have a track bike or multiple bikes it will save money in th elong run. Plus I do tire changes for some of my buddies.

Taking the wheel off will def save you some money too, nations in hempstead used to charge 25 or 35 a wheel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts