Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Keith_J said:
[nelson]Ha-ha[/nelson] Cindy Sheehan had an invite from her Congresscritter...Cindy knew the rules and decorum of the Chamber, yet she was compelled to display a banner and a politically motivated shirt. She was promptly arrested for this misdimeanor.

Just when I think she has hit rock bottom, she whips out a pick-axe and starts digging.
what an idiot....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
poulsen said:
Yeah, he's from California. That should explain it.

It certainly explains alot.

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
DCMETRO1 said:
what an idiot....
Of course, instead of addressing the issue, you attack the most whackjob leftist on the face of the planet and associate her with anybody else who's not screaming "Praise Jesus and pass the ammunition!"

Why do you even post?

The whole address seemed like more spending promises to keep everybody happy, when the money obviously doesn't exist. I didn't catch the entire thing, but I know that what I did hear didn't really change my opinion of the direction we are heading.

Like when my girlfriend's parents used to tell her she was getting a horse for christmas, but it was still in the mail. Don't expect any of it anytime soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, here are some truths about the infamous Ms. Sheehan.

We all thought Cindy Sheehan (whose son was killed in Iraq) was a very
distraught mother who had loved and nurtured her son all threw life and
then lost him in the war,when actually she basically deserted him when
he was a child. It's funny, I had been wondering where her husband (#2)
was while all of this was going on. I guess now we know, he's busy getting a divorce from her. What is most interesting is that the press gives coverage about Cindy
Sheehan and a bunch of people who are protesting with Cindy so much air time without discussing Cindy's background. This is a case of more press bias.
It has been pointed out on just a couple of media outlets that Cindy
divorced her first husband and left her son with him to be raised while
she became a political activist for the Democratic Party. She had very
little to do with her son in his growing years. She remarried. The 1st husband remarried The original father raised the son with his new wife. They miss their son and mourn the loss of his life. They have stated that they are very proud of their son and that they agree with the stance of America in Iraq and on terror. They
said that their son was eager to serve and to go fight the terrorists in
Iraq. He volunteered. How many news stations carried their interview? Not many.
So the son dies in Iraq and then Cindy shows up to make a stink.
She gets an audience with Bush. That was not enough. She goes to
Crawford and demands another audience.How many news stations carry the ongoing saga of Cindy? Practically all of them. Cindy didn't care about her son. She let
another woman raise him. Cindy doesn't care about the other soldiers and Marines in
Iraq. Cindy cares about her liberal, feminist agenda and about using
the death of her son to lobby against Republicans and Bush.
And the press is helping her. Why?
Then a few days ago, Cindy's 2nd husband filed for a divorce from
Cindy. She sounds like a feminist opportunist who did not have the sense of
responsibility to even raise her own son. It looks like her 2nd husband
is fed up with her. We middle Americans should be fed up with Cindy also. We should be fed up with the press. They try to manipulate us into their "group think"
and into the responses that they want on their polls.
We are free because our brave and honorable military keeps us free. Semper Fi!

·
Shitbike
9,822 Posts
DCMETRO1 said:
to piss you off :banana
Wouldn't that constitute trolling?

was while all of this was going on. I guess now we know, he's busy getting a divorce from her. What is most interesting is that the press gives coverage about Cindy
Sheehan and a bunch of people who are protesting with Cindy so much air time without discussing Cindy's background. This is a case of more press bias.
little to do with her son in his growing years. She remarried. The 1st husband remarried The original father raised the son with his new wife. They miss their son and mourn the loss of his life. They have stated that they are very proud of their son and that they agree with the stance of America in Iraq and on terror. They
Crawford and demands another audience.How many news stations carry the ongoing saga of Cindy? Practically all of them. Cindy didn't care about her son. She let
another woman raise him. Cindy doesn't care about the other soldiers and Marines in
is fed up with her. We middle Americans should be fed up with Cindy also. We should be fed up with the press. They try to manipulate us into their "group think"
I'll ignore the press comments, because that's another issue entirely. There's right AND left, so both sides are trying to manipulate the public.

Regardless of her background, Sheehan taking a stand for her beliefs. She may be going about it in a slightly crazy manner, but she's succeeding in her goal of letting the public know that not everybody agrees with the war.

Personally, I don't care about her prior divorces or what the other half of the family thinks about the war. I don't see any difference in who raised the son. That's irrelevant. What matters to me is that she's speaking out instead of falling into line like so many so-called "Americans". The whole argument trying to discredit her seems grounded in manipulation, just like your press example.

But let's make one thing clear - she's not speaking on my behalf. I have my own way of disagreeing with authority, and crashing the state of the union address isn't it.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
bush said:
The whole argument trying to discredit her seems grounded in manipulation, just like your press example.
I was thinking the same thing but ultimately decided not to belabor the point.

But let's make one thing clear - she's not speaking on my behalf. I have my own way of disagreeing with authority, and crashing the state of the union address isn't it.
Likewise!

·
Registered
173 Posts
bush said:
Wouldn't that constitute trolling?

I'll ignore the press comments, because that's another issue entirely. There's right AND left, so both sides are trying to manipulate the public.

Regardless of her background, Sheehan taking a stand for her beliefs. She may be going about it in a slightly crazy manner, but she's succeeding in her goal of letting the public know that not everybody agrees with the war.

Personally, I don't care about her prior divorces or what the other half of the family thinks about the war. I don't see any difference in who raised the son. That's irrelevant. What matters to me is that she's speaking out instead of falling into line like so many so-called "Americans". The whole argument trying to discredit her seems grounded in manipulation, just like your press example.

So because I believe that the Iraq war was the right thing to do I am simply falling in line behind manipulation? I can't think this way because I actually do think it's the right thing to do? You seem to think that anyone behind this war is simply "falling into line" and you are so noble and patriotic for opposing it. Sounds to me like you are willing to oppose ANYTHING just because you don't want to "fall in line" whether it be right or not. More of the same liberal faux intellectual superiority.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Geowitz said:
Sounds to me like you are willing to oppose ANYTHING just because you don't want to "fall in line" whether it be right or not. More of the same liberal faux intellectual superiority.
I'm not sure where you drew this conclusion, except that it facilitated a shot at "liberal faux intellectual superiority". Did you happen to read the preceding post where the "group think" issue was originally mentioned? Any comments on that beyond the fact that you agree with it?

·
Writer of Wrongs
3,633 Posts
delta425 said:
Well, here are some truths about the infamous Ms. Sheehan.

Wrong!

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
I say fuck it, I want a clone of my self, or three of me. I want to see what is really destiny and what is science.

If you cloned me, would my clone be exactly like myself, including mentaly and emotionaly? These are questions I am sure have been answered but we dont know anything about it still.

Cloning me and finding out Im the same person would make sure that people would lose their grasp on "GOD" as surely if he is in control (like all the replublicans seem to think I should believe) he wouldnt allow a duplicate of me to exist in the same time space area, right?

Then he wants to say goverment should lose its party identity? Yeah cause we should all assume his agenda and not that we should all really be trying to help benefit mankind instead of the likes of HALIBURTON and all the other good old boys.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
BigBadBoom said:

From your link....may as well cite it:

The piece quoted above, criticizing Ms. Sheehan's alleged lack of involvement in her son's upbringing after divorcing his father, is something fabricated out of whole cloth, evidently the product of someone's confusing a completely different family with the Sheehans. Cindy Sheehan and her husband, Patrick, were high school sweethearts who wed while both were in their early 20's and who have been married to each other for over 28 years. (Neither has ever been married to anyone else.) The couple had four children together, of whom Casey was the oldest. Both parents raised Casey together, first in the southern California community of Norwalk and later in the northern California town of Vacaville, where the Sheehans moved when Casey was 14.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
I seriously think we should clone me. Specificaly for the purpose of crushing the debate on GOD

If man makes a copy of me, and it has a "soul" then God is a farce. It should be impossible to recreate me with technology.

Yeah I agree, the world would be scary if there were two let alone four of me but Id have some friends finaly!

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
Redstar11 said:
The State of the Union address is on and your roomate is playing video games? :rolleyes
I was playing GTA San Andreas while it was on. I don't need to watch it to know what he will say - it was summarized on the evening News. And I can find out what he did say by reading here or on any news website. I'd rather read the print than have to sit through a GW speech. I can't stand to watch him talk. He irritates me, like a mosquito.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
BusaDave said:
Hmmm...so what's your view on identical twins?
There is no such thing as Identicle twins, they have different fingerprints no less.

My younger brothers are twins. They still have different freckles, moles, fingerprints and what not.

Are you scared to do it?

Im offering it up, I will be cloned as many times as any company likes. I dont have anything to lose. If anything I will gain a "GOD" that I should fear.

·
RESIDENT ASSHOLE
8,497 Posts
Had to steal this from a friend, it cracks me up and is oh so true.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address fall on the same day. As Air America Radio pointed out, "It is an ironic juxtaposition: one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, and the other involves a groundhog."

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
hybrid said:
There is no such thing as Identicle twins, they have different fingerprints no less.

My younger brothers are twins. They still have different freckles, moles, fingerprints and what not.
Do you understand the definition of identical twins?

I've got news for you, your clone would have different fingerprints too.

As for cloning you, I have no particular view on that except an apparent difference in understanding of the nature of the result and how it has any bearing whatsoever on the existance or not of God.

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
timd99 said:
If some people were as childish as "some" liberals,they could have elected to wear a T-shirt that said "keep your dick in your pants Clinton" at his State of the Union Adress.
Anyone who is intelllectually honest, would be outraged at such an action, but then, that would make them conservative.
That makes NO sense and consists of all the name-calling, stereotyping and finger pointing possible.

Go ahead and move outside your little box and realize that the terms "liberal" and more importantly "conservative" dont really apply anymore.

When a "conservative" Republican president and administration spend uncontrollably and advocate domestic spying on their citizens without warrants... that is as far from "conservative" and/or "Republican" as you can get.

BTW I think it is extremely disrespectful for her (or anyone else) to interrupt something like the State of the Union address, regardless of its complete and utter lack of value.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts