Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98' with 15000miles on it. I dunno when the guy had it rejetted last and I dunno if he has ever cleaned the carbs. I got a couple of questions though, first is when I try and start my bike I have to push and hold the start button in order for it to turn over. It does not start right up like it should, but if I hold the start button in for about 2.5 to 3 seconds it will start up. Another problem I am having is with choke. When I start it and put the choke on the highest it revs to is about 1750 rpms, when I let the choke off (after about 5 minutes) the bike will die on me. I decided that I will just ride it until the bike dies on me because the choke has been on for too long. After that I turn the choke off and have no more troulbes of it dying on me (I have only done this twice). If anyone can help at all I would appreciate it. I have changed the spark plugs but I have not cleaned the carbs or rejetted it which I stated earlier.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You have a common electrical problem with the Kawasakis. When you push the start button, nothing happens right? You hold it or push it again and it might start right? I think it is a problem at the solenoid (bad connection). There is a thread about it around here somewhere, so you may search around.

As for the choke, I would thouroughly clean your carbs and see if it helps. It is possible that the air/fuel mixture is off a bit and it needs to be rejetted. But I would try cleaning them first.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,
I was reading on all he messages that might be able to help me but had no luck. I see you repleyed to one Thread that its a common problem with Kawi.
Please if you could shed any light on my problem please help me out. I'm out of ideas what it could be.
I also once an a while get a clunk sound like the strter is getting jammed up and it sounds like its hitting a peice of metal. I change the starter 6 months ago. Could it be the battery? a ground somwhere I missed? I have no idea.
Please if you could get back to me at [email protected] I would really appreiate it alot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts