Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So so many posts about new riders buying "big" (600 and up) bikes and wrecking them and everyone saying i told you so, now go buy a smaller bike. Well figured i would at least tell the other end of the spectrum.

I started on a ninja 900, never had problems with "panic" situations, never had problems with to much power while in a corner, never had a problem of accidentally giving it to much gas and looping it. I had experience on dirt with 125's and 4 wheelers. I feel that this experience helped tremendously on the street. I went down once at about 15mph in gravel and i would of gone down no matter what i was riding unless it was a dirtbike, and thats the truth. So big bike had nothing to do with that instance. I put around 5k on that bike.

Now i sold that bike and bought a 2000 cbr f4, and honestly i love it but i want a 929. Yes 600's are fast, but untill 8000 that bike is so easy to ride and shifiting constantly to keep power up sucks. But the bike is so easy to throw around it has a distinct advantage to a larger bike. So far i have around 3k on this bike.

Around 15 people that i ride with started on 900's or b***** and all are still here without an incidents that can be attributed to starting on a "big" bike.

Argue all you want but thats my story, dont call me a bad rider since youve never seen me ride, when i lived in pa i had no chicken strips and felt comfortable being that low in the corners.

·
Registered
304 Posts
So, you have 8k miles, and consider yourself a rider who can give advice to new(er) riders?

8k miles is a summer, if that, for a true motorcyclist.

You've only had one accident...in 8k miles. That's not success. If some of the riders I know only had one accident every 8k miles, they'd be repairing a half a dozen bikes A YEAR. You're surviving very well, but have you truly learned to ride? I doubt it. A 929? I wouldn't suggest it.

Oh, and nothing says a mature person and rider like putting their original register date for a motorcycle forum in their signature, as if that means anything.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
8000mi....../laughing

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
:rolleyes: Alright!! A+++ for you!!

Sounds to me that because you did it, then EVERYONE should start out on a liter bike!!! :rolleyes:

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Hope you brought your flamesuit. I'm not gonna say anything, but I'm sure plenty of others will. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I started on a 750, and it was the DUMBEST thing I ever did.....Think man, THINK!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
hahaha im not a troll...and the orig reg date is just for laughs haha dont take life so seriously

you guys get so worked up when someone doesnt say what you believe...im sitting here laughing at how angry everyone gets :D

oh and i never said 8k was alot buddy, and yea i can give advice just like you can...why because i have ridden more than them and i have opinions just like you..its just so happens you get pissed when i state my opinion ;)

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^^

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

Straight and to the point...I like that. No reasoning, just "Your opinion is wrong."

·
Banned
730 Posts
03silvers said:
You are ignorant.
Hello Mr. Pot, I see you've met Mr. Kettle. This thread serves literally no purpose but to stir up shit. "Garcon, can I get a big bowl of LOCK over here?". :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Think you're fast and you're bike is slow? Do a trackday. I can't see why anyone would really need more than a 600.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i love you guys

nope i dont think im fast...but yep i think my bike is kinda slow, you guys really hate people with opinions whose dont follow the general consensus.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow. That's a lot of hostility. Are you sure you guys aren't mad that you wasted money starting on a POS?

Personally, i think way too much emphasis is placed on the bike people begin on. A person flips a bike and people say "see, when that person pulled out in front of him, instead of reacting sanely, he walloped the brake and ate shit- if he were on a 250 that might not have happened"

It also might not have happend if he wasn't shaken as a baby. I understand the point of starting small, but quit beating it down people's throats. Give your opinion and move on. If they disregard info that is designed to help them, that's their fault, not yours.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
03silvers said:
hahaha im not a troll...and the orig reg date is just for laughs haha dont take life so seriously

you guys get so worked up when someone doesnt say what you believe...im sitting here laughing at how angry everyone gets :D

oh and i never said 8k was alot buddy, and yea i can give advice just like you can...why because i have ridden more than them and i have opinions just like you..its just so happens you get pissed when i state my opinion ;)

not true man, we just don't want to see you wind up another statistic... that's all.......**take a valium***

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i must agree mikael...only reason i made this thread was cause there are so many i crashed my big first bike and totalled it...i wanted to at least tell the other side, because i know so so many people who started huge and are doing great

·
Registered
457 Posts
03silvers said:
i love you guys

nope i dont think im fast...but yep i think my bike is kinda slow, you guys really hate people with opinions whose dont follow the general consensus.
no we just hate the high insurance rates...

you say toomaytoe.. i say tumahatoe... as long as your veggies ain't affecting my crops i don't care.. but once you start stealing from my harvest i tend to get bitchy

1 - 20 of 85 Posts