Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll keep this anonymous but hope to get some good advice.

I now have a group of riders(70 members, but about 15-20 regulars) in the Greater Los Angeles area and we would like to sport a vest. Not to become an MC, we're all responsible adults with full-time jobs and family, different age groups young to pretty damn old, and don't plan on starting anything crazy. As I researched, an RC(Riding Club) is more of what fits our group. We ride together most weekends, have cookouts, hit the track every once in a while, and work on bettering our skills together. We already have our group name, logo, stickers, and T-shirts. We would love to sport vests(for those that choose to wear) but don't want to do it the wrong way and step on anyone's toes or get in trouble with the local clubs.

I would like to find out the proper ways to go about making this happen, if anyone is a member of a club, I would love to hear from you.

I don't care to hear some bullshit talk about clubs being dumb, criminals, etc. If you don't know the difference of a 1%er, MC and RC, please keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. Most clubs are about brotherhood, not gangs.

I'm just reaching out to do my part on researching what the best step forward will be.

Thanks

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I'll keep this anonymous but hope to get some good advice.

I now have a group of riders(70 members, but about 15-20 regulars) in the Greater Los Angeles area and we would like to sport a vest. Not to become an MC, we're all responsible adults with full-time jobs and family, different age groups young to pretty damn old, and don't plan on starting anything crazy. As I researched, an RC(Riding Club) is more of what fits our group. We ride together most weekends, have cookouts, hit the track every once in a while, and work on bettering our skills together. We already have our group name, logo, stickers, and T-shirts. We would love to sport vests(for those that choose to wear) but don't want to do it the wrong way and step on anyone's toes or get in trouble with the local clubs.

I would like to find out the proper ways to go about making this happen, if anyone is a member of a club, I would love to hear from you.

I don't care to hear some bullshit talk about clubs being dumb, criminals, etc. If you don't know the difference of a 1%er, MC and RC, please keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. Most clubs are about brotherhood, not gangs.

I'm just reaching out to do my part on researching what the best step forward will be.

Thanks
Im not sure if are serious or not but thanks for the chuckle.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're all about riding and I consider it more of a movement than a closed organization. I'd love for you to rock our vest out there and spread the love! I already have a rider in India that is getting a sticker for his bike.

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
We are just a bunch of e-thugs that ride imaginary bikes, so dont take our suggestions.

·
Registered
971 Posts
To my knowledge, the main thing to keep in mind with designing the vest is you do not want it to look like another club. Particularly to a casual observer. Clubs that have a history of being targeted by law enforcement are sensitive to this. The rationale, as I understand it, is to a civilian, any biker with a patch is a <insert club name here>, and if they do something illegal or questionable, that club will catch the heat for it, even if they or their member were not really the party committing said action.

So stay away from designs or styles that are similar to other clubs, like red lettering on a white background.

·
Registered
825 Posts
There are a ton of clubs in the LA area. Some nice some not so nice. Established clubs may look down on the vest thing. You will have to do a bet of research.
This web site was put up to inform any one thinking about starting a club:
How we started our RC (New 08-17-2010)

As for me I have no interest in joining a club. Every time my riding buds start a club, they do more meeting and rule making and less riding.

I'll just ride, good luck

Reactions: PCHbreeze

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
We're all about riding and I consider it more of a movement than a closed organization. I'd love for you to rock our vest out there and spread the love! I already have a rider in India that is getting a sticker for his bike.

What's the name of your 'movement'? I think Red Jackets is taken.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are a ton of clubs in the LA area. Some nice some not so nice. Established clubs may look down on the vest thing. You will have to do a bet of research.
This web site was put up to inform any one thinking about starting a club:
How we started our RC (New 08-17-2010)
Thanks!
Yeah I've been around quite a few clubs in the area at a huge bike night. I'm friends with one the organizers and he's invited us to another big one so I plan on speaking to a club prez and ask his opinion about it. If it seems like it'll be more trouble than it's worth, we won't go that route.

Another reason for vests, I would like for my guys to not be so tempted to ride around in a t-shirt in order to sport the logo. This aint SOA, I want my guys wearing protective gear. lol

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I love the huge internet balls some people grow. Thanks for your contribution of stupidity to the biker community.
I love the stupidity of some people on the internet. Thanks for your contribution of brotherhood by the vested club rules of the biker community.

Btw I just read your post to a girl who knows nothing about bikes let alone biker community and even shes laughing and mocking at your comments.

Let me guess...ocmoto? :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Leaves room for your own creativity.

If you're worried about your boyz only only wearing t-shirts, how are they going to wear these vests over jackets?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Leaves room for your own creativity.

If you're worried about your boyz only only wearing t-shirts, how are they going to wear these vests over jackets?
Didn't realize the logo comes with it.. figures it's Icon.. but yeah if we can get a plane badass vest, we'll throw up a huge logo in the middle.
They all usually wear jackets, but having only logo T-shirts prevents them from being able to show it while wearing a jacket. They're good boys and girls for the most part. lol.. I've shown them an example of no gear going bad personally. hahaha

1 - 20 of 37 Posts