Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just dropped my bike. and the only i way i can get it started is if i have some one pushes me. other wise it doesn't even to try to turn over not even a sound.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
If the headlight comes on when you turn the key, the battery has some power and the ignition switch works. If then nothing happens when you hit the starter button, it could be a broken connection somewhere between the button to the starter relay or a broken interlock (side stand, clutch lever, etc.) preventing the starter from engaging. Does the neutral light come on with the key on?

If the headlight doesn't come on when you turn the key, then there is either a battery problem, ignition switch, or broken wire problem. That's all I can think of at the moment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya the light the horn evry little light works it's just the starter doesn't do any thing unless i have some one push me.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
On what side did it drop? If the left, I'd start with the clutch interlock.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Does that bike have a tip over switch? They stick sometimes after a fall.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
n00bs25 said:
so............where do i find that?
The clutch interlock is a switch near the clutch lever hinge pin. If you listen carefully, you can hear a click when you pull in the clutch (assuming the switch still works). There will be 2 wires on the switch. Jumper them together somehow and give the starter a try.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
n00bs25 said:
ok so i got the starter working but now the egine won't turn. ant suggestions
Does that mean the starter cranks the engine over, but it won't start? If so, are there any sounds like it almost starts? What did you do to get the starter to work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts