Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there i am new to this and i am looking for a starter bike im 17 and im only 5"6.5 and i weigh like 140.. just posting to see what people have to suggest to me becuase i dont know much about it. allthough my friend is teaching me on his bike right now i would like to get my own since he is only teaching me on his street. feel free to give me any suggestions.
thanx

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i will be taking that course for sure just waiting on figuering out what bike i gonna get first. the course in sudbury also costs 360 thats expensive but i think its the only place that does it.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Look into one of these three bikes, any of them will be good for your size:

1) Kawasaki Ninja 250 (EX250)
2) Kawasaki Ninja 500 (EX500)
3) Suzuki GS500F (I think that's it)

they might have different model numbers in Canada, but I think you get the idea. Also I will bring up the question, what kind of gear do you have? I highly suggest you get at least a helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, before you even start riding. Personally I'd suggest full leathers, but I understand that some people don't like wearing them for some odd reason. When making the budget for your bike, factor gear into that budget as well.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the ninja 500 and the gs500f are the 2 i am looking at those are the two that will probably become one of the choices. the course that i will be taking requires helmet so i will be buying that and also a leather jacket so i will either just borrow a friends or buy it and keep for my gear gloves and boots that cover ankel. full leathers is what i will eventually want so if i find them within the right price i think thats what i will get. thank you for your suggestion fire. :) :)

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
like firefighter81 said the ex250, or the ex500 should be a good choice and get it used if you can. You might also want to look at insurance as it might influence your decision.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
21 natas said:
like firefighter81 said the ex250, or the ex500 should be a good choice and get it used if you can. You might also want to look at insurance as it might influence your decision.
Yes, get used for sure, you can save alot of money that way, use the money you are going to save to buy proper gear.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well im taking the course gettin the m2 and then gettina bike next summer. so i will be able to look for a bike over this summer and over winter so i will have a long time to look for one. but yes my dad says ninja 500 and the gs 500 would be best choice to get and thats what im thinking aswell. a gear can anyone suggest brands for me becuase i dont know much about it.
thanks again. oh and can you guys give me some insuarcne companys soi i cna check that out too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts