Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a freakin' hell of a surprising deal on some used stands today from a local, so I bought them. Well, I already had spools on the rear, so no problem there. But what the hell do I do with this front stand? I know where it mounts, but I'm hella scared to scratch shit up in there. Is there any smooth method to raising the front of the bike?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Is it a fork stand or a steering stem stand? Also I vaguely recall something about Honda 900's needing a special stand...maybe? Is there anything odd about the front end, uneven forks or something?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Ok, first off what size pin do you have in the front stand? For your bike it says you need the #5 pin. Call Pit-Bull up and ask them if in doubt, I'm sure they can send you a e-mail of the instruction page.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Dude, you neet to put a towel on the front fender or it will scratch the paint. All the steering stem stands have clearance issues when trying to get them in or out.

Then to get the pin in all the way, you have to lift some of the weight off the forks to slide the pin in. Just pull up on the tripple tree and slide the stand in all the way. Its a bit of a juggling act, but in the end its worth it.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Never used a steering stem front stand before, but agree about looking into that Pit Bull says for your bike to make sure you have the right pin. Also, you know about never using the front stand without the rear stand already being in place, right? :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ that one seemed like a no-brainer :p thanks for the advice though, Ray. haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts