Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i've been getting alot better at wheelies. i've been doing them sitting down, but lately, as i carry them further i keep noticing that i end up standing, i haven't tried to do this intentionally, maybe it's just helping me balance, it's not that i don't want to do them standing, but it is a little harder to reach the brake, any suggestions?

P.S. I do carry them quite a bit further standing

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
bluezx7r said:
ok, so i've been getting alot better at wheelies. i've been doing them sitting down, but lately, as i carry them further i keep noticing that i end up standing, i haven't tried to do this intentionally, maybe it's just helping me balance, it's not that i don't want to do them standing, but it is a little harder to reach the brake, any suggestions?

P.S. I do carry them quite a bit further standing
If you think you might be doing stand-up more that sit-down, you can adjust the height of your break lever so that your foot won't be at an akward angle. Just rotate it a little bit to get the position that you are looking for.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Put your left foot on ur rear peg before you go up, you will notice you can still cover the rear brake without any trouble. Clutch it up and get a BP. You can stare at your front tire for ages. It's comfortable and easy to get used to.

·
Registered
426 Posts
yea definately put your left foot on the pass. peg. its a little akward getting used to but once you do you will never want to go back to both on the front pegs again. You'll be in a better position to steer them too and more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
nik_z said:
was that a joke? :lao
Didnt you know that the front brake can help out just as much as the rear? :eek:nfloor J/k But seriously some people install an emergency hand brake which controls the rear brake. They install it somewhere close to the engine kill switch. Ive never seen one so I dont know exactly how it looks.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Did u forget to use the front brake like I told you? J/k sorry to hear about the bike. Hope you get back on 2 wheels soon.

·
Registered
130 Posts
about 3weeks ago i werecked my bike doing a stand up with my left on the rear i wrecked beacuse my pipe hit the road. before i wrecked i had just started busting out about mile long stand ups (2nd gear the whole time) now i try to do it and i can't seem to get to the blance point i feel like i'm going to loop i used to do 12s and rip my tail light off at about 50mph and i was fine but my pipe hit when i was doing about 90mph and now i can't get any distance at all doing stand ups it's like i started all over again. i just can't seem to get to the blance point. my sitdowns i can sometimes but i think it's beacuse before i was too cocky now i don't know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts