Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to get some SS brake lines and was wondering if anyone knows if there is any real difference between the brands or are they just generally all the same? also if anyone has replaced the rear lines, did they make enough difference to justify the cost?

·
Registered
118 Posts
From what I have seen and heard, all of the major brands of lines will be about the same. You could probably just pick the one that you think looks best, or you can get the best deal on. I put Galfer lines on my bike and haven't had any problems. a friend of mine put goodridge lines on his bike and they look really good, he hasn't had any problems either. That's as far as my experience goes.

I didn't do my rear line to save some money. I don't get a lot of feel from the rear brake anyway, so i figured it would be more pointless than me doing the fronts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I put Galfer lines and pads on the front and rear of my F4. The front lines made a noticable difference but I dont use my rear that often to notice any change.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I used cycleflex (only thing available when the bike came out) but I just ordered a set of Galfers in the Black/Gold (special order) The Cycleflex lines have cheaper fittings and they don't look so good after 2 years. I've talked to a few guys with Galfers and they have been happy with them so far.

The brake lines are one of the first things I would change on a stock bike!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have GoodRidge Kevler brake lines in front.. Way better feel and no fading under repeated hard braking.. As far as the rear goes doen't waist your money..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts