Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quoted from Supraforums

J-R0d said:
This was originally posted on Ls1tech.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197770

There was a very bad motorcycle wreck last week in Deer Park on X St. My mother witnessed the accident and said that two bikes, both Hayabusa's, passed her while she was out for her morning walk going about 120 MPH.

A car turned in front of one of the bikes and the bike struck the rear quarter panel of the car and the rider flew about 50 yards after impact. The rider is in the hospital in pretty bad shape after being taken by Lifeflight. Unfortunately he has no medical insurance. The other rider was arrested and charged with racing and both guys were issued a fine of $5,000.

Warning: Some of the pictures are very graphic.

http://community.webshots.com/album/166215570mnoMZg/0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to remind everyone to ride safe. I know fast bikes are cool, but take one look at this guy and you'll realize that loosing that much skin (or your life) isn't a cool deal...

·
Take care now ......
1,615 Posts
Let em learn the hard way......... No gear (all rashed) doing 120mph in a high traffic area like that........ I have no pity for these foolish squids..........

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
I can not believe the carnage...i mean he cracked the rim in half on the car. There's nothing left of the bike...hell he knock the speedo and tach signs clear off. I may have missed but did they live?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am curious how they are going to prove that the two riders were undergoing a "competition of speed" when there were no police officers to witness the incident. I've had old people think I was "racing" down my street when I was in fact cruising at 25mph (loud exhaust). Even though the one guy wrecked going 120mph, who CREDIBLE source can say the other guy was racing him?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I can't believe the distance between the bike, the car, and the guy. Thats just crazy....they must have been f-ing flying. Plus the guy had no gear cept the helmet!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Look at the mechanism.

It is obvious that they were speeding and for what reason would they be speeding on a street with a speed limit of 30 MPH?? I guess the fact they there was two of them going at that speed gives them enough of a reason to charge them with racing.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kazlab67 said:
That guy looks rough. At least wear gloves people!
They have all kinds of pics posted. I found another Hyabusa wreck link on that page from back in January.
I think the other bike is an R6 with what used to be a bad ass paint job. http://community.webshots.com/album/45672808QqutwZ

thats the stock flame paint job on the R6.. that R6 looks like Jayson Willams formely of the Chicago Bulls and Duke University

·
Registered
197 Posts
I hope that guy had motorcycle insurance. If he did then the driver of the car gets a new car because that one sure is totaled.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
MaxOwner said:
thats the stock flame paint job on the R6..
Yeah, I know I've seen that paint job before, probably on this board. But I am a sucker for red on black flames.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just like the Mcdonalds commercial..."I'm lovin it!"

Do these squids realize how they can kill others who share the road? Road rash is like a 3rd degree burn...would you run through fire without Nomex on? Wear your gear..and dont race on the street. I have ZERO sympathy...in fact if i was the responding trauma Doc, i would scrub those wounds extra hard...really rub em' good. [email protected]$##$ squids got exactly what they deserve.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That's ridiculous. Don't even know why you would go that fast through town, too many areas for people to pull out. Just plain dumb, especially with just a helmet and sneakers. It's not like he can fight the speed issue, if you look at the pic with the speedometer in it you'll notice that around 120 marker it is all messed up were the needle hit it when it flew off. I guess some people just have the learn the hard way.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
looks pretty nasty too me, but speeding in a high traffic area is just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I don't understand WHY ppl cant take a whole 5 mins. to put their gear on? a whole 5 mins?!!? I'm not even suprised at these pics any more...

·
old member
13,079 Posts
japbike said:
I don't understand WHY ppl cant take a whole 5 mins. to put their gear on? a whole 5 mins?!!? I'm not even suprised at these pics any more...
I think most riders who ride like that with no gear make a conscious (but dumba$$) decision not to wear gear and to ride irresponsibly. Really a shame for everyone.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
for the people that say they "deserve" this, STFU!!! nobody deserves this. they should've took to the track.(or atleast a backroad.)

·
Registered
646 Posts
ANNNNNDDDDDD...darwin misses again.
the guy is in the hospital. how he didnt die, i have no clue. glad he didnt die though. i would never want that. but man, just another reminder of the stupidity of man...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts