Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, everyone uses this term, but I have never heard it defined. What exactly does it mean? How do I avoid being labeled a squid? I figure I am doing a good job so far since I got a cruser as a first bike, and everything I have is used, and does not match, so don't think I would be out to be noticed like some guys are. I think you refer to them as posers? Well, what are some of the most common mistakes that you see new riders doing? I hope to avoid most of these mistakes by starting out easy and taking the msf course.

·
Banned
25 Posts
squid=pussy who can't ride and wears no gear and has a brand new bike that's waaaay too big for him.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
As you know FL has a no helmet law, therefore the squid popluation in FL is very big. Squid can be a newbie and it can be an experienced rider who makes dumbass decisions, like not wearing a helmet blah blah blah.

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
There is nothing you can do to keep someone out there from calling you one no matter how hard you try. I say if you can't beat em, join em.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
every one has done somthing squidly before dont let them lie to you just try not to. squid= someone who calls outhers squids (they like to think they are better)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Squid

Squid

A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'

"from previous post"

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
YZF600_SILVER_CAT said:
Squid

A young motorcyclist who overestimates his abilities, boasts of his riding skills when in reality he has none. Squid bikes are usually decorated with chrome and various anodized bits. Rear tyres are too wide for their own good, swingarm extended. Really slow in the corners, and sudden bursts of acceleration when a straight appears. Squids wear no protection, deeming themselves invincible. This fact compounds intself with the fact that they engage in 'extreem riding'--performing wheelies and stoppies in public areas. Squids wreck alot. Derived from 'squirly kid'

"from previous post"

+1............................

1 - 10 of 10 Posts