Sport Bikes banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my front and rear brakes are noisy at low speed with minimal brake pressure but work perfectly/quietly at high speed and high brake pressure situations.

is it time to put new pads in?

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've read that you can sand your pads to get rid of the noise temporarily. I've also read that aerosols claiming to quiet noisy brakes are BS. Haven't tried either one, I just deal with it. Sometimes I use a lil more rear brake and a lil less front and that solves the issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i normally use the front to wash off most of my speed, then use the rear brake once iv slowed down because it is usually much quieter

mite try sanding them down also

any other suggestions? or is it simply just how they are?

·
Registered
285 Posts
generally alot of the squeaky noise is determined by the weather conditions....temperature, rain, ect. My bike isnt currently garage kept and it squeaks every morning for the first few miles, then once the rotor is warmed up its fine.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill have a listen to it depending on conditions over the next few weeks

hopefully now that the weather is warming up it will go away..

my bike is kept indoors but does get ridden in the rain.. i do notice that when i give the brakes a good thrashing, the squeeling disapears for a few days

·
Registered
254 Posts
Squeaks here, front brake, at low speeds with light pressure. It doesn't go away when it's warm. When I ride alone, I don't care. With the wife on the back, I finish braking with the rear.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
It's often due to dirt/brake dust buildup around the pads/calipers. Clean the pads and rotors up with a can of brake cleaner, grease the BACK of the pad (the part that comes in contact with the piston), and take 'er for a ride and see how that works out.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I had major squeeling problems with my jeep(and apparently most chryslers do too).

It's a combination of dust buildup, pressure, and brake pad material. Some pads(especially metallic ones) will squeak no matter what you do, and it doesn't mean it's not working properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts