·
...What speed limit sign?
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to replace the brakes right? :bitchslap

·
old member
13,079 Posts
That's pretty vague. It's not hard to check how much pads are left. There should be a notch visible through the center part of the pad if they're still good. What kind of "squeak"?

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a regular squeak I guess. Most noticible after I stop and then take off again. It's revolution based, meaning it only squeaks a few times as the tire starts to revolve again and then disappears after about 10mph+. I noticed when I would park the bike in my garage (pushing it in, key off) that i'm getting alot of noise from the front brake calipers/rotors (i'm assuming since the sound itself sounds like the pads rubbing on the caliper, with the squeak present at times) So I assumed the brakes needed replaced. It's been 10k miles on the bike and the brakes were never replaced yet so I figured that was the source.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
It's normal to hear a faint scraping sound of the pads on the rotors if you push the bike around. As the pads contact the rotor, they get pushed back away from the rotor and the noise may stop. Again, it's relatively easy to check the amount of pad left. If the brakes otherwise work well and the pads still have material past the notch, maybe this is all normal. Did this noise start suddenly? If so, did anything happen right before you first noticed the noise?

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
noise has only appeared in the past week or so. Nothing happened that would have caused it. No hard bumps, no slamming the front end down at all. I do alot of interstate driving so I dunno. I'll check the pads tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts