·
Turbo nerd.
13,732 Posts
I can't stand that new sub-frame.

WTF are they thinking.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Is that a built in frame slider right next to the fairing labels?

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I'm thinking that the middleship exhaust, slimmer subframe and less complex swingarm should make for 5-6 lbs of weight savings.

And it's not the firs time Triumph applies "makeup" to their bikes, look up the "girlie" Tigers.

·
After Me Lucky Charms
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aLive, the answer is yes. built in frame slider

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
It's... okay. I wouldn't turn it down if someone were to give me one, but it wouldn't be at the top of my "pretty bikes" list either.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
Personally, I prefer the first gen (06-08) looks over the 2nd gen. But both of them are better than the new one.
Same here.

I really hate that they changed the tank logo. The old triumph "classic" looking logo was WAY better.

And this new design looks like absolute SHIT. Same with the speed triple..... ditching the round lights? Are you kidding me?

That, and not coming out with a literbike ever. Triumph made SUCH a comeback in the last 10 years and they are just fucking it ALL up.

·
CCS# 616
915 Posts
Wow the older 675s are some of the best looking bikes. This one looks cheezy IMO. I really don't care for the frame, swingarm, and subframe. The silver eye liner is really weird. I miss the undertail too.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Same here.

I really hate that they changed the tank logo. The old triumph "classic" looking logo was WAY better.

And this new design looks like absolute SHIT. Same with the speed triple..... ditching the round lights? Are you kidding me?

That, and not coming out with a literbike ever. Triumph made SUCH a comeback in the last 10 years and they are just fucking it ALL up.
The Speed/Street Triple headlights do look a lot better in person when the flyscreen is added. It's grown on me. The new Daytona? Not so much.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
They are doing fine, they are making bank with the 800cc Tigers and the 1200cc Explorer.The "adventure" bike market is hot right now and makes much more sense for Triumph, and that will probably allow them to fund the R&D for a literbike.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I wish Honda would change up their CBR600RR as much as Triumph and Kawasaki change up their bikes.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
The trellis subframe looks different (looks like its cast now, instead of welded steel); I don't like it. I think the rear end looks better though.

·
5,455 Posts
I wish Honda would change up their CBR600RR as much as Triumph and Kawasaki change up their bikes.
seriously.

Honda hasn't changed the 600RR since 2007. and since then, it's gained a few lbs, lost a couple horsepower, and got uglier fairings.

what's taking so long to update this bike???

1 - 20 of 67 Posts