Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i just a question about sprocket sizes. im am currently runnin stock on my 94 f2 but i have the chance to buy a 500 mile old 520 kit with -1, +2 vortex sprockets. will this give the F2 enough get up and go to hang with some of the newer bikes? how much easier will it wheelie with the set up?

·
Registered
112 Posts
down in the front and up in the rear = more torque for wheelies but less top speed. if its a 600 and you can't get it up, its not the bikes fault. not trying to be mean but i can wheelie my stock 500 with no problem. just practice man.

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
+1 on vampyre. btw, you should be able to get the f4 to wheelie w/o problems....worst case, you can clutch it, but you should be able to power it up too.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Your new sprockets will not make it keep up with the newer 600. You will increas your torque but loose your top end. When push comes to shove, Horse Power is what counts.

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
If your shock is worn out it makes it next to impossible to wheelie as well, and with it being a 94 that could be some of it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i actually do think my rear shock is a little worn but the problem is not gettin it up its keepin it up. it seems like after its up the bike just doesnt wanna pull any more, thats why i figured if i go up to in the rear it will make it a little easier to ride it out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try putting a full tank of gas in, f2 run like crap once you get to the balance point when they're low on gas. If that's not it you're just not getting up high enough.

·
shut up & Ride!!
234 Posts
-1 +2 is a nice set up if you ask me. It will come up nicer, but won't help you wheelie longer. If you're able to wheelie but not keep it up, your wheelies need to be taller!!!

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
gearing your bike wont help you keep it up longer, in fact it will hurt. you'll rev out a lot faster with the new gearing. try bringin it up higher

·
Registered
456 Posts
gearing has no effect on power/torque what so ever. all it does is give you better torque multipication. this is a common misconseption. if you dyno your bike with gears and without you wont see a difference, if there is its slim to none. it will affect topend. on my old f3 i had -1+3 and it topped out at 140 at 14krpms also for any noticable acceleration increase i could leave most newer 600s with ease off the line but after the 1/8 mile then they would start to gain and pull past me. [lack of engine power]

gearing will help get the bike up but it wont allow you to keep it there any better unless youre at BP. thats when you can do real slow wheelies. just learn that clutch and youll be fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts