Sport Bikes banner

Springfield?

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sjbcbr6 
#1 ·
Picking up my ZZR tomorrow and was wondering if there was anyone to ride with in the springfield/republic/billings area?

Rode a few years of dirt, but this is my first street bike. So i guess im a reborn newbie? :banana

#4 ·
You can try Welcome to SWMOSPORTBIKES.COM, lots of Springfield people there.
yea if you want to hang out with the typical swmo jackasses, those guys are a bunch of fruits if you ask me. dont hang with those guys and definately dont buy anything from them... bunch of fucking scammers if you ask me. id ride with you but my bike is currently under some repair, due to one of those a-holes

#8 ·
That really sucks, and trust me I have been in the same boat. I purchased an R6 with real low miles, and the guy said it was not hitting on all 4 cylinders. Ok, I took it home cleaned the carbs, replaced plugs, etc. Found out that a rod in the #1 was broken! DAMMIT! I guess I could have called the guy back, but for $600-$800 I just replaced the motor. I guess "As-Is" got me that time.

Depending on what bike it is, I would consider just replacing the motor. If it is a Busa, they prolly run $1500 or so though. If it is something common like R6, CBR, or Gixxer6, you can prolly get them under the $700 repair bill.

Don't let that stop you from getting involved with SWMO. ;)

F

#9 ·
yea i know the buyer beware policy but damn man ive ate shit that ive sold due to bad stuff that has happened in the past (automotive... i guess im too nice man i dont like ripping people off)... could of atleast made some type of deal. i just went ahead and had a shop repair it because i didnt want to deal with it. i actually found a motor 600 shipped to me but didnt want to take another risk.

oh well man im just pissed because ive been waiting sooo flipping long for some nice weather and i finally get a bike and it seems like its taking fooorreeverrrr to get it done. my buddy bought a salvaged bike and we planned on having them done at the same time... but of course he's already riding his and i dont have shit. got the fairings done just waiting on the repair to get done. ive been actually logging on swmo and looking at a few post, like i said i kind of sterotyped everyone due to one a hole on the site (who happens to be pretty respectable according to posts). but anyways i cant wait to ride my bike.

also im kind of pissed off at cruisin 66 because they were too 'busy' to give me a rough estimate on the repair. they laughed at me and told me not to bother with it. i called and went to 4 orther places and were very helpful in pointing me the right direction and giving me advice, not being smartasses like cruisin 66. so i took it to another shop to do the repairs. not one of the repair shops had anything good to say about those guys but i guess it all competition.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.