Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok it's early but i noticed that the east tn riders are having their spring bash on april 14th. i know alot of us got together @ the same time they had their bash at the end of last year. so how does that weekend sound for all the guys that have been getting together and any new folks that are welcome to come ?????????????????

i wanna ride i wanna ride i wanna ride

·
FZ6 Corner Carver
12,159 Posts
i want to go but its not looking good for me either... very busy times... very busy... ill be looking at going up for a very short trip but its only half a days ride for me... i hope to be able to make it before the end of the season...

·
The Angry Blue Mantis!
1,849 Posts
I want to go to the Dragon this year for sure. April is pretty early though. I'd be camping out so I'd rather wait till it's a little warmer. If you guys go I might just decide to drop everything and head down the Blue Ridge parkway at a moments notice!!

·
POP
490 Posts
I'll have to check and see. I was bummed about missing out on the last one of year, last year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Body Surfing Time Again!

Ha ha ha, no body surfing this time. I'll try to keep the rubber side down, but I will be trailering the bike from DFW area. Fortunately I have a track day set up for March 26th and I have the new suspension and good rubber now. I guess I also got rid of all of my excuses so now if I crash we're goning to have to blame it on pilot error.

Keep talking this up TourGuide I'd like to try it again with the FZ6 group. If I could find one other DFW area guy to trailer with we can easily make the 1,000 mile trip in a day with two drivers. Take off Friday to get there and Monday to get home.

Black 'n Blue
and sore all over

·
Registered
622 Posts
Put me down as a tentative...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'll be at the gap first week of June. Can't wait. It's been two years.

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
FazeX said:
I'll be at the gap first week of June. Can't wait. It's been two years.
We car pooling or what?

I rode there once last year...I took the truck (with bikes in back) the second two times....definitely a fan of "trailing" the bike(s).

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
DefyInertia said:
We car pooling or what?

I rode there once last year...I took the truck (with bikes in back) the second two times....definitely a fan of "trailing" the bike(s).

What? you don't actually ride your bike to your destination? :rolleyes The trip is half the fun!

·
POP
490 Posts
rennsport said:
What? you don't actually ride your bike to your destination? :rolleyes The trip is half the fun!
Yeah but if you make a boo-boo down there the other half of the trip won't be so fun. :)

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
ukdej79 said:
Yeah but if you make a boo-boo down there the other half of the trip won't be so fun. :)

If you make a boo boo down there, transportation will be provided to you! :) If you walk away from a boo boo, there are moto dealers nearby to buy another bike from... :lao

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
rennsport said:
Quick on the tr***** with that cliche' my man...you going?

Reason for trailing my bike to the Dragon from Chicago as opposed to riding:

Injuries while 650 miles from home, bike damage while 650 miles from home, flat tires that are too bad to repair, it is faster in a car, less planning is required, less time off from work is required, the roads between Chicago and Knoxville are not the best, you're gonna ride hard as hell while you're there, put the miles the cage, etc. etc...

Now going on long rides/tours is a different story...going to the Gap (over the weekend) for me is like going skiing for the weekend...I get there with my shit, ride, party a 'lil, and leave...back to work on Monday.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
DefyInertia said:
Quick on the tr***** with that cliche' my man...you going?
I quit going to the gap aound 1996. There are too many other roads in the are a that are less crowded and are ignored by the LEOs. I also have a house in Hendersonville N.C, that is surrounded by great roads. I can cover N.C, S.C, and GA all in one day from there.

I can take 276 south east to S.C, Hwy 11 to Hwy 107 into Highlands N.C. for lunch, down 28 through S.C. to GA. Pick up War Woman Rd to Clayton Ga. From there to Helen or Hiawassee GA back to Hendersonville via Franklin N.C. With a loop like that, I do not need the Gap.

Reason for trailing my bike to the Dragon from Chicago as opposed to riding:

Injuries while 650 miles from home, bike damage while 650 miles from home, flat tires that are too bad to repair, it is faster in a car, less planning is required, less time off from work is required, the roads between Chicago and Knoxville are not the best, you're gonna ride hard as hell while you're there, put the miles the cage, etc. etc...
I do not worry about injuries before taking a trip. I only worry about them after they have taken place and assuming I can still walk and have all my limbs, the only thing I will worry about is, "when can I ride again?"

Now going on long rides/tours is a different story...going to the Gap (over the weekend) for me is like going skiing for the weekend...I get there with my shit, ride, party a 'lil, and leave...back to work on Monday.

I always make it a long weekend, to get more riding in. I will either take Friday or Monday off.

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
rennsport said:
I quit going to the gap aound 1996. There are too many other roads in the are a that are less crowded and are ignored by the LEOs. I also have a house in Hendersonville N.C, that is surrounded by great roads. I can cover N.C, S.C, and GA all in one day from there.

I can take 276 south east to S.C, Hwy 11 to Hwy 107 into Highlands N.C. for lunch, down 28 through S.C. to GA. Pick up War Woman Rd to Clayton Ga. From there to Helen or Hiawassee GA back to Hendersonville via Franklin N.C. With a loop like that, I do not need the Gap.

I do not worry about injuries before taking a trip. I only worry about them after they have taken place and assuming I can still walk and have all my limbs, the only thing I will worry about is, "when can I ride again?"

I always make it a long weekend, to get more riding in. I will either take Friday or Monday off.

Wow, you are Hardcore! :rolleyes

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
FZ6-KEP said:

Be honest now. Do you think about getting hurt or killed every time you get on your bike and ride?

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
FZ6-KEP said:
Exactly what I was thinking....

Let's get the back on topic. Where is everyone staying? I bet everything is filling up fast. GFD, you alive?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
It would take me forever to get there, and I'd never convince anybody else around here to go with me... I don't like riding so far away from home by myself in case anything happens.

I'd love to see the place though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sounding like that date may not be a good one for most folks ?????
rennsport, i have relatives in Wallhalla. SC and we camp for 2 weeks at Oconnee state park @ july 4th. have you ever been in the stumphouse tunnel?

·
So much cooler online
2,240 Posts
rennsport said:
Be honest now. Do you think about getting hurt or killed every time you get on your bike and ride?
I realize its a possibility, but its nothing that would ever stop me from riding, or make me haul my bike.

However, I would consider hauling my bike if I was making a long trip to a destination where I would be riding. I can see how it would be more convenient if I wanted to make a 2 day trip, instead of taking an extra day for travel. I would much rather load my bike up at the end of a weekend of riding, to make the 10 hour trip home. It not like your trailering to a bike show where you might only ride a mile or two before loading the bike back up and driving home. People haul bikes to the gap all the time. I know when I end up at Lake Santeetlah for a week, I'll be putting my bike in the back of a field service truck for the trip. :cheers

:edit I have to include something on topic, so when is this trip going to happen? I plan on being in the area periodically from April to June.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts