Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends bike was sitting out in front of his place the other night. When he woke up in the morning he found his bike tipped over and the entire right side of it spray painted green (it was a factory black ninja). They sprayed the mirrors, instrument cluster, handlebars, tail light, and the plastics on the right side.

Can anyone recommed the best and cheapist way to remedy this (aside from painting the whole thing green, which I already suggested)?? Would it be cheaper for him to repaint the whole thing, or is there some type of spray paint removal chemical that he can use?

Thanks for your suggestions.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I don't think there is a spray paint remover that won't eat your clear coat away and the factory black. That is so messed up that they would do that. Get a cover, and an alarm

·
Registered
487 Posts
Mother F*ckers would have caught about 15 9mm's to the head if i would have seen em!!! no respect for OP Sh*t

·
Head Rooster
3,438 Posts
Super Ninja RR said:
Mother F*ckers would have caught about 15 9mm's to the head if i would have seen em!!! no respect for OP Sh*t

that's a waste of ammo, one per body I say.

·
Registered
177 Posts
get some polishing compound from an auto parts store. it should polish off with a little elbow grease or a buffer. i'd call a body shop personally. i've also heard that if you use laquer thinner real quick it won't hurt the old cured paint. just don't get near the gauges or plastic bits.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll let him know

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
ASCI_Blue said:
that's a waste of ammo, one per body I say.
actually, you can line their heads up together and try a single bullet theory. :eek:nfloor

man, that sucks. stupid idiots these days have no respect for people's property. that statement is so cliche now yet so true. But as for the problem, i dont think you can remove the paint. Looks like you need to get it repainted. Oh yeah, don't buy "paint remover" at autozone or something. that will eat the paint to the bare metal or plastic.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you use a laquer finish or acetone, it won't harm the factory paint at all - just watch out for anything plastic (decals, windscreen etc. ) Use Naptha and a lot of elbow grease on these areas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts