Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd like to hear what most taller riders on this site ride? I'm 6'2 , tall and lanky. I have pretty long limbs too.

What sportsbikes would I probably be comfortable on?
The new 05-06 636? 04 and up R1? I've heard those two bikes have improved ergonomics to accomodate taller riders.

I should say, one of my greatest fears is looking like a monkey humping a coconut :D
Any opinions/recommendations welcome
Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go sit on them.

I'm 6'2" and most bikes feel just fine... definitely a lot of personal preference and opinion that needs to be dealt with accordingly. i.e. other people can't tell you what you like and/or don't like as far as comfort :cool:

·
Gonna go far on my GSX-R!
2,238 Posts
im 6'1 and i have no problem on my gixxer 600. it feels good and i dont look goofy or like im humping anything. 600 and up and youll be fine

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I dunno, I sat on a few 600s and my knees were all up in my elbow space. I'm 6'2".

I didnt have this problem on the standard bikes like the FZ6, FZ1, SV650, SV1000 ect.

·
2,238 Posts
well now that i think about it: the r6 felt like my 250 and did feel cramped and my hands were just a bit over the side of the grips. my gixxer is fine and i havent sat on any other 600

·
2,238 Posts
i just read this post by blugin in the SV thread he started in the pictures section:

Comfort wise- the riding position is perfect for me. It's a tall bike and I'm a tall guy (6'3") so it fits me well. The bars are also farther from the seat than most sportbikes so you are hunched over a little more, but they are higher up so they're in a comfortable, but still sport position. My only complaint is the seat. Maybe it's just my ass, but after about 45minutes in the saddle, it starts to get uncomfortable. It's probably a combination of the vibration from the v-twin and the hardness of the seat. Gel seat will probably be the next mod. Other than that, it's like it was designed for me. It's not the norm that you see everywhere and it has a smaller devoted following. I'm a Subaru guy too, so it kinda fits in -it's like the WRX of bikes.

·
BIRDMAN
2,559 Posts
If you don't mind v twins Aprilia's are roomy for sport bikes.The old RSV more so that the new, and the Tuono would be hard to stop riding you'll be so comfy. Don't be put off by the Italian thing, very reliable and affordable.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the responses (And thanks for that warm welcome Rascus lol).
Keep the suggstions coming :)

I'm pretty open to any bike. But I'd prefer to stay supersport. Though the standards are probably awesome track bikes.

So far, someone has said the GSXR 600 would probably fit. What about the '05 ninja 636? I think that may be a good bike for me ( I have yet to sit on it). It's affordable, insurance wouldn't be bad and I could track it in novice 600? I also heard in 05, they increased leg room etc.

Regarding the italian bikes: How much more are they then the japanese? What about parts availability?

Thanks

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm 6'3" 160lbs. Tall and lanky is a understatement. I fit great on my F4i. I wear 32-38 pants and I don't feel that my legs are cramped at all. The only thing that bothers me when I ride my bike is my pants ride up so my socks and legs show, that's irritating.

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey, i'm 6'1" personally I have on '04 zx12r! I love it! I have ridden the new r1 & my co worker just got a zx10. rode that too. Both great machines just not comfortablefor ME! the 12r is comfy sitting upright and i feels great down on the tank when i twist her off and rip for a bit!!! :)

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
6"2 isnt the problem, whats 4 foot and whats 2 foot 2? I seen 6'2 dudes with long ass legs, then I seen 6'2 doods with long torsos.
Which one are you?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I'm 6'3" with long legs and I fit fine on my ZX-6. I know wrong decade you're looking at but the only way to know is to go sit on them and ride them.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That's the second time you've mentioned the 05 636. Your probably waiting for someone to tell you that you'll be comfortable on the 636. I've got the 04 636 and I'm 6'2" 196lbs. Are you going to be cramped? If you ride the interstate all day, well yes you are. I think in sportrider the most upright position was the GSX-R 600, in the 600 class comparison. I've sat on the 05 636 and it's a little more comfortable than my 04. In the end, buy what you want. Your body will adjust over time. That is unless you go get a Goldwing, man those things look comfortable. Like sitting in a recliner at home.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
I seen a guy pulling 2 CBRs in a trailor behind his Goldwing up to Bike week it amused me I want one just to use as a bike hauler

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
beowulf2k said:
6"2 isnt the problem, whats 4 foot and whats 2 foot 2? I seen 6'2 dudes with long ass legs, then I seen 6'2 doods with long torsos.
Which one are you?
I think I'd be the guy with long legs

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts