Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello all, i have been looking at what the best sports bike i can get on my a2 licence i like the look of the modern sports bike such as the r6 but not so much the old ones as i don't like the front end. Im not sure on the rules of the restricting on the a2 but that could be an option, so any recommendations for good looking sports bike i could have on my a2 would be much appreciated.

By the way in case you didn't know on the a2 licence you can only have up to 47bhp and apparently up to double that if you restrict the bike

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
Can't go wrong with the hyabusa, all the bitchs will want to hang from ur balls.

·
Registered
286 Posts
hello all, i have been looking at what the best sports bike i can get on my a2 licence i like the look of the modern sports bike such as the r6 but not so much the old ones as i don't like the front end. Im not sure on the rules of the restricting on the a2 but that could be an option, so any recommendations for good looking sports bike i could have on my a2 would be much appreciated.

By the way in case you didn't know on the a2 licence you can only have up to 47bhp and apparently up to double that if you restrict the bike

It sounds like you're in the UK. You might want to check out a UK forum. Offhand, I see that you started out on an Aprilia RS125. I suspect that it's still in it's restricted form. An option for you would be to de-restrict it by swapping out the electronics and installing a RAVE valve. That should bring it up to par. You can also install a Polini big bore kit with b***** DellOrto's for a little more torque and a slightly higher rev limit.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
Yea I have no idea what an a2 license is but like above I'm assuming you're in the UK or Australia. There are plenty of options over there that look like modern sportbikes but work with ya'lls tiered licensing system.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
With an A2 license you're basically stuck with thumpers or restricted bikes. The new Honda 500 series are designed to fall under the A2 hp limit, as well as the upcoming KTM Duke 390, which I suspect will be a hoot!

Other than than thumpers there are no other bikes close to that limit, it's either 250s, 650cc thumpers or the KTM 390. Look into restricted bikes, you can actually have a Hayabusa restricted to 47HP...

Which is utterly stupid and would make it boring, but it would get you panty dropper points.

·
HEHATEME
16,189 Posts
With an A2 license you're basically stuck with thumpers or restricted bikes. The new Honda 500 series are designed to fall under the A2 hp limit, as well as the upcoming KTM Duke 390, which I suspect will be a hoot!

Other than than thumpers there are no other bikes close to that limit, it's either 250s, 650cc thumpers or the KTM 390. Look into restricted bikes, you can actually have a Hayabusa restricted to 47HP...

Which is utterly stupid and would make it boring, but it would get you panty dropper points.
Are you fucking serious? WTF for:bolt

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
You probably have a better choice of lower cc bikes than we do here across the Pond. I'm sorry that I can't really help you on this.

·
Registered
592 Posts
A2 you are probably looking at CBR500R, Ninja 300 or a restricted Fazer for a fairing bike, or the Duke 390 or a restricted 690 for sumo style bike.

If you are just going for looks, you can always shoe horn a 1199 race fairing on a crap bike if you just care about how it looks when you are on it.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I'd rather ride a handicap moose with down syndrome.
Restriction kits are nothing more than choking the bike, either with restrictor plates with small bore holes in between the throttle bodies and the throttle body boots, or restricting how far the throttle plates can open. A Cowabusa with only 47 hp will probably end up being sluggier than a handicap moose.

And you can de-restrict the bike quite easily, but you'll be in BIG trouble if you get caught. A cop could figure you're riding too fast for a restricted bike and have it checked, or in case of a wreck, insurance will have the bike checked... And will deny cover if they find it has been de-restricted.

The A2 license is a new thing, it is replacing the 33bhp limit. That's why there aren't many bikes that fall under the A2 requirements, the first ones are just hitting the market. Maybe a few of Australia's LAMS approved bikes will make it to the EU, not all of them as the LAMS criteria is bhp/weight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts