Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
when you say dyno runs you mean sound clips of the dyno runs? id like to see the hp/tq gains with each slip on. wtf :confused:

·
Registered
533 Posts
ya serious, i know its nice to hear them all but i wanna see some dyno charts? why stick it on a dyno just to record the sound of it???

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Apparently, they didn't think enough to have a decent sound recording setup and those clips are damn near useless. I think they could have recorded better sound with a cheap dictaphone from Office Max. My TabletPC microphone picks up more highs and lows than whatever it was they used, for a more accurate representation of what the pipes will sound like to the human ear.

·
Registered
217 Posts
TheWraith said:
Apparently, they didn't think enough to have a decent sound recording setup and those clips are damn near useless. I think they could have recorded better sound with a cheap dictaphone from Office Max. My TabletPC microphone picks up more highs and lows than whatever it was they used, for a more accurate representation of what the pipes will sound like to the human ear.

Exactly what he said. They all sound the same damn near. Only distiguishable difference is the D&D which is just plain loud. They could have used a better microphone.

Wes

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
What kind of review was that? First off there are no dyno comparisions, then to top it off the sound clips blow ass!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Way to go people from Sport Rider, what did that test really prove?? Hey guess what D & D has loud pipes, wow. News Flash!! Alert the press. :lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
yeah, the sound clips are pretty useless, but i'm sure the article actually goes into more detail... they can't put all their content on the website - no one would buy their mag otherwise...

oh yeah, and where the hell is the Muzzy's pipe?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Tiamat said:
yeah, the sound clips are pretty useless, but i'm sure the article actually goes into more detail... they can't put all their content on the website - no one would buy their mag otherwise...

oh yeah, and where the hell is the Muzzy's pipe?
haha. they left out the muzzy...figured that you already knew what a riding lawn mower sounded like.

Yeh, they could have at least had charts of the dyno run. I didnt need any major objective and subjective texts...just a damn chart. oh well...

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
American bike mags up the ante once again. :twofinger

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
The sound was a bit off, but my blood still got stirred hearing that noise!

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you guys actually have the mag, it gives you individual dyno run for each pipe. IT would vary because they are testing it on a 04' R6

1 - 15 of 15 Posts