Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ever wonder why the police profile you. If you ever wonder why the public hates Sportbikers. If you ever wonder why people are OK with Sportbikers dying for whatever reason, their fault or not. If you ever wonder how a law could be enacted with the specific target of Sportbikers.

Look no further than this video. Douchebaggery at its finest.

CLICK HERE FOR STORY AND VIDEO

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
They caught that asshole who posted the video. I seriously was on the fence about getting another sportbike I dont want to be associated with shitheads like these.

The only thing that remotely tells people I'm not a sportbike lunatic is the bright neon safety vest I wear

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I don't feel any association or blame with those guys.

I guess as a gun owner I've learned not to accept the halo effect of those that do bad things

Same. Nobody gives me a bad name. And I'm never treated poorly for what other bikers do.

It's definitely an internet mentality that, "They're ruining it for the rest of us" or "They're making my insurance go up". I've never heard anybody say those actual words. I've only ever seen them typed on forums...

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same. Nobody gives me a bad name. And I'm never treated poorly for what other bikers do.

It's definitely an internet mentality that, "They're ruining it for the rest of us"
Evidence proves otherwise. Let's just call those fucktards "lawmakers". It's the actions of the sportbikers that have states enacting laws that focus solely on sportbikers.

Florida has these 3 in recent years.

Do a wheelie - - $1000 fine

Motorcycle or moped, wheels losing contact with the ground
1st offense:$1,000 fine plus other costs
2nd offense:$2,500 fine plus other costs
3rd offense:THIRD DEGREE FELONY, mandatory $5,000 fine, license MUST be revoked for a period of TEN YEARS

Hide your license plate - - $1000 fine

Motorcycle or moped license tag improperly fixed
3rd offense:THIRD DEGREE FELONY, mandatory $5,000 fine, license MUST be revoked for a period of TEN YEARS

Excessive speeding - - $1000 fine

A person who exeeds the posted speed limit by 50mph or more

Wheelie in Arizona? Straight to jail.

Modify your exhaust in California? Pay the fine.

I could list many more from different states, but these are the most glaring. It's impossible to deny that sportbikers were not the root cause of legislation being passed. Feel free to argue how many Harley Davidson bikes you see doing wheelies, hiding or not even mounting their plates, or if a HD even has the ability to go 50mph over the speed limit.

So, when you say you're not a target or the actions of others don't give you a bad name, then you're just not paying attention.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Evidence proves otherwise. Let's just call those fucktards "lawmakers". It's the actions of the sportbikers that have states enacting laws that focus solely on sportbikers.

Florida has these 3 in recent years.

Do a wheelie - - $1000 fine

Motorcycle or moped, wheels losing contact with the ground

Hide your license plate - - $1000 fine

Motorcycle or moped license tag improperly fixed

Excessive speeding - - $1000 fine

A person who exeeds the posted speed limit by 50mph or more

Wheelie in Arizona? Straight to jail.

Modify your exhaust in California? Pay the fine.

I could list many more from different states, but these are the most glaring. It's impossible to deny that sportbikers were not the root cause of legislation being passed. Feel free to argue how many Harley Davidson bikes you see doing wheelies, hiding or not even mounting their plates, or if a HD even has the ability to go 50mph over the speed limit.

So, when you say you're not a target or the actions of others don't give you a bad name, then you're just not paying attention.

I got caught doing 187km/h on the highway. I had it written down to 35+ and paid the fine. I could have had my bike impounded and went to jail. I got a $300 fine.

I got caught doing 85km/h in a 50. I got a warning. I've been splitting traffic that was at a stand still, i got reminded that it wasn't legal and told not to do it again.

"I" have never been effected by those laws or other people. Nobody "I" know says, "Well this could happen if you do that in California".

Which goes back to my original statement, the only people that I ever see getting upset about something happening 3000 miles away are on the internet.

·
what's up bitches
1,382 Posts
I got caught doing 187km/h on the highway. I had it written down to 35+ and paid the fine. I could have had my bike impounded and went to jail. I got a $300 fine.

I got caught doing 85km/h in a 50. I got a warning. I've been splitting traffic that was at a stand still, i got reminded that it wasn't legal and told not to do it again.

"I" have never been effected by those laws or other people. Nobody "I" know says, "Well this could happen if you do that in California".

Which goes back to my original statement, the only people that I ever see getting upset about something happening 3000 miles away are on the internet.
Hm so because people post about it on the internet far away from you, it's not real? That's not exactly true.. basically, the mentality is if it doesn't affect me directly, I don't care. Well, 3000 miles to you is ME. And it does affect me. People shit on sportbike here and I hear people talk about how they fuckin hate motorcycles "especially the loud fast ones" with a passion. And I'll admit, when some asshole on a sport bike zooms past my window inches away wearing nothing but a back protector and a mohawk helmet lane splitting at 100 mph, a part of me wants that guy to wreck for being such an asshole. It DOES make us look bad because we all wear the same uniform, no one can see our faces. We look the same to cagers and cops. Maybe it's different in los angeles due to the heavy traffic but riding a sportbike doesn't have the same social stigma as riding a cruiser or a cafe or something that looks more tame.
On that same vein, I always try to do my part to increase positive rep for us sportbikers around here. If I'm splitting I dont rev my exhaust right next to people's fucking faces. I use hand signals when i can, wave and thank people for moving over. Always use indicators. but maybe it doesn't help.. who knows

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've gotten caught doing 20 over twice in the past 4 weeks (55 in a 35 and 60 in a 45), got a warning both times, convo went "I know it's like a crime to ride that thing slow, so just take it easy ok?"

I agree with F4sSprintST, including the gun part :) I feel no shame for what those other goofballs are doing.
$1,000 fine for a wheelie does seem excessive though, but that's classic totalitarian politicians not wanting anyone to have any fun.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
In the late 90s when I was part of the stunting crowd and all that, we always played nice in public and found deserted roads in the middle of the night with no one around, and the worse the cops did was just break us up and tell us to leave. But for some people, it wasn't enough, they had to go out and stunt down the middle of public highways between minivans full of mommies with their babies, and then people started noticing and the dynamic changed completely, cops stopped putting up with as much, politicians enacted laws, etc.

On a similar note, there are lots of attacks on loud pipes and I always say the pipes aren't the problem, its the jerks that have to open it up at every light, neighborhood, etc simply to piss people off - I run a loud exhaust on my HD, and I keep it down in neighborhoods and pull in the clutch and coast past dogs and small children. :D

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
If you ever wonder why the police profile you. If you ever wonder why the public hates Sportbikers. If you ever wonder why people are OK with Sportbikers dying for whatever reason, their fault or not. If you ever wonder how a law could be enacted with the specific target of Sportbikers.

Look no further than this video. Douchebaggery at its finest.

CLICK HERE FOR STORY AND VIDEO
its not the first time youve projected your prejudicial paradigm. you can group and stereotype others but not the three pointing back at you.

im from Ca and i ride a sportsbike daily. cops are the dame when im pulled over in my s1000rr, zx14r, r1, or my ford ranger, my buddies toyota echo, and anything else.

its not an internet thing, as someone said. its a subculture thing. i dont belong to the stunter or bike nigjt or ducati douche subcultures. i ride a sportbike, and sometimes i wear a suit and tie to work, and today a sf giants button up w khakis, sometimes i wear a collared shirt to dinner, and other a tank top and flip flops. i dont give a shirt about your paradigms and what you think of as subcultures.

but im sure you dont get what im saying, after reading so much of your "poor blacks are guilty til proven innocent" paradigm.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
i couldnt get that page from abc15 to load but googled it. the cop is now using the media as they always do for political purposes. nothing to see here. the cop let them off in the sense that theres nothing else he cpuld do.

douche riders? yeah...but if the back up had arrived in time, it would have been a different story. most cops are cool and many ride. many eblong to local message boards and forums. im sure this is a big thread on barf.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A
its not the first time youve projected your prejudicial paradigm. you can group and stereotype others but not the three pointing back at you.

im from Ca and i ride a sportsbike daily. cops are the dame when im pulled over in my s1000rr, zx14r, r1, or my ford ranger, my buddies toyota echo, and anything else.

its not an internet thing, as someone said. its a subculture thing. i dont belong to the stunter or bike nigjt or ducati douche subcultures. i ride a sportbike, and sometimes i wear a suit and tie to work, and today a sf giants button up w khakis, sometimes i wear a collared shirt to dinner, and other a tank top and flip flops. i dont give a shirt about your paradigms and what you think of as subcultures.

but im sure you dont get what im saying, after reading so much of your "poor blacks are guilty til proven innocent" paradigm.
Sometimes you just need to shut the fuck up.

Accuse me of being a racist without proof ever again and I'll ban you forever.

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that's pretty fucked up, there's an ignore option
Unfounded accusations of racism, or attempting to label one as such will never be tolerated here, for any reason. Those who choose to try to tarnish the reputation of ANY MEMBER on this site better come full force with a long list of blatantly racial posts or any other form that would substantiate these claims.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts