1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Is that a big hoot or a little hoot....

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well, it's got roots from a dirt trackers.......hence the right side exhaust and chain........

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
that is about the uglyist thing I've seen since the naked bike... sheeesh... Looks like a good atempt at a Buell... :p

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
japbike said:
that is about the uglyist thing I've seen since the naked bike... sheeesh... Looks like a good atempt at a Buell... :p

My naked Ducati is more a piece of art work, and gets more looks, than most fully faired bikes could ever dream of.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In case ya hadn't figgered it out, it's a Sportster. I'm not real crazy about the headlight (it's for a dirtbike) but it got me on the road. It's just a little something I put together under the staircase. The engine makes 100+ HP *and* torque. Makes me wish I was good at wheelies.

·
rebel litre
3,748 Posts
a+ for being origonal. looks like a 1200 sportster with a lil suspention work(to say the least).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The front end is off of an early 90s 1100 Gixxer and the shocks are by Works. The tank is a late 70s XLCR part and the tail section is from Storz. I have a matching Bandit rear wheel that I'll get on it someday. The engine is punched out to 1300cc and has a Buell crank (lighter) and ported Buell heads.

It's the third makeover for the bike. In it's original life it was an 883 that racked up 103,000 miles and died of a broken crank pin. I bought it that way and built it up for speed trials at Bonneville. It had a 1650cc engine and got up to 180 MPH.

After my third child came along, I gave up racing and put it on the street. All good things got to come to an end...... :(

Attachments

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Gimpdiggity said:
My naked Ducati is more a piece of art work, and gets more looks, than most fully faired bikes could ever dream of.

sorry, didn't mean to offend... :a2 really.....

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
japbike = naked hater :D

Naked bikes are sexy, uh with the exception of the featured bike in this post :p

no I'm not, really. some just look goofy is all.....I'm not a hater, I'm a lover.. :p :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
You went 180 both directions? What was your unofficial top speed? That's pretty damn fast without a fairing! It's a beautiful bike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
180 was done at Maxton NC. There's a 2 mile long airstrip used by the East Coast Timing Association for speed trials. (ECTA Link) It's a one-way deal. You get a mile to get up to speed, there is a 132' timing trap and a mile to slow down. The bike was running consistantly 175+. We actually won the 2002 Motorcycle Championship over a 217 MPH turbo 'Busa. Gotta know how to bend the rules to your advantage, ya know?

We only got to 167 or so at Bonneville. That was on scored cylinders. We were down about 10-15 HP. We went back the next year but got rained out. The 1650 engine is now in another Sportster but they haven't gotten it running as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts