Sport Bikes banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hope it's not a silly question. I live in Eastern TN, Smoky mountain roads
:D
. I've owned a 2017 FJ-09 since new. Bike ran sloppy; so I've changed over the suspensions out w/ Andriani cartrages and Nitron shock w/compression canister. Love the motors performance and touring/long distant capabilities, comforts and wind protection, but even w/ (tuned in) suspension upgrades and proper tire pressures, it seems like the bike cant seem to keep up w/ the tighter curvy switchback roads here w/o excessive lean angle and handlebar input. It can become a stressfull ride if pushing the bike. I also own a Aprilia RS 660. Great bike for these mountain roads off the showroom floor and much character. The bike has a few drawbacks thou sa. lack of wind protection, power, and some long distant comfort, but somewhat doable but fun in the summer months. If I was to rid of one of these bike, I really couldn't decide. why are they so different in turn entry and recovery ? I assume the FJ being a taller and longer w/ wider bars in comparison to the Ape. Also should knee sliders be used on street to improve sport ride cornering , or is that dangerous w/ irregularities on road surface ?

Thanks for any suggestions...
Howie....[/QUOTE]

· Registered
7 Posts
Hope it's not a silly question. I live in Eastern TN, Smoky mountain roads
:D
. I've owned a 2017 FJ-09 since new. Bike ran sloppy; so I've changed over the suspensions out w/ Andriani cartrages and Nitron shock w/compression canister. Love the motors performance and touring/long distant capabilities, comforts and wind protection, but even w/ (tuned in) suspension upgrades and proper tire pressures, it seems like the bike cant seem to keep up w/ the tighter curvy switchback roads here w/o excessive lean angle and handlebar input. It can become a stressfull ride if pushing the bike. I also own a Aprilia RS 660. Great bike for these mountain roads off the showroom floor and much character. The bike has a few drawbacks thou sa. lack of wind protection, power, and some long distant comfort, but somewhat doable but fun in the summer months. If I was to rid of one of these bike, I really couldn't decide. why are they so different in turn entry and recovery ? I assume the FJ being a taller and longer w/ wider bars in comparison to the Ape. Also should knee sliders be used on street to improve sport ride cornering , or is that dangerous w/ irregularities on road surface ?

Thanks for any suggestions...
Howie....
[/QUOTE]
Im not sure to be honest buddy. i know nothing about bikes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts