Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For speech class at college we have to give a 5 min informative speech about something were passionate about so I choose to do it on motorcycle riding. I'm just trying to think of 3 main points to discuess for this topic.

I havn't started riding yet but next month (June) I'm taking the MSF course and buying a ninja 250r afterwards.

Intro
Point 1
Point 2
Point 3
Conclusion

With 6 powerpoint slides and then one other visual aid.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Intro - Motorcycles and risk/safety.
Point 1 - Buy the motorcycle appropriate to one's size, experience, and riding style (keeping in mind the previous post).
Point 2 - Take the MSF course.
Point 3 - Minimize risk by always driving defensively (there is no such thing as having the right-of-way on a motorcycle), and for conditions like traffic congestion, road surface conditions, weather etc.
Conclusions; - If we want to be totally safe we would never get in a car. A risk-free life is a very boring one.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Point 1 - Buy the motorcycle appropriate to one's size, experience, and riding style (keeping in mind the previous post).
Point 3 - Minimize risk by always driving defensively (there is no such thing as having the right-of-way on a motorcycle), and for conditions like traffic congestion, road surface conditions, weather etc.
Conclusions; - If we want to be totally safe we would never get in a car. A risk-free life is a very boring one.
You win

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
fuck no, kevin does.

Reactions: kevin_stevens

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
For speech class at college we have to give a 5 min informative speech about something were passionate about so I choose to do it on motorcycle riding. I'm just trying to think of 3 main points to discuess for this topic.

I havn't started riding yet but next month (June) I'm taking the MSF course and buying a ninja 250r afterwards.

Intro
Point 1
Point 2
Point 3
Conclusion

With 6 powerpoint slides and then one other visual aid.
Since you haven't actually started riding yet, it would be hard to do a speech on riding, if the assignment is on something that you're passionate about. I'd skip motorcycles and do it on something that you actually know something about. Sorry to sound discouraging... But it's quite difficult, and frankly silly, to do an informative speech on something you're passionate about, yet have never actually tried. It's not impossible to do, just silly. When delivering a speech, you must establish your credibility in the introduction. I don't know how you would successfully accomplish this, given the assignment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for all your response. I really appreciate it! I'm probably going to do something along these lines.

Originally Posted by Wayne's Striple
Thanks again for all your responses.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Kevin that essay is due by the end of next week.
And with just a few pointed questions, Kevin would have been able to help write the whole thing.

I guarantee the first two of his points are going to be thrust upon us in the next twenty years. His third point is a daily battle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I did this same speech in college. My talking points were:

1. Wearing the right protective gear and the results of not wearing it.
2. The economic advantage, or lack there of (costs of gear, tires, mods, etc.), when riding.
3. Personal awareness, paranoia, and safety when driving on the road.

You should be able to do the same talking points with research and no actual experience. Of course, I was able to take in gear as an example and my last slide was a 12 second clip of one of my brother's track days to showcase gear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts