Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
couple of things, when those of you that installed the speedohealer, did you have to splice a serparate power lead or was there enough juice from the speedo sensor? secondly, until i get my GPS up and running, I want to use the calculator to set the speedohealer on there website, they use a default fault factor before any mods of 5.5%, is that accurate for the FZ6? and lastly for those of you that have done the 15-48 sprocket conversion. Did you use the
-15.2% variance they suggest to correct the odo too..or did you use the
-17.9% to correct only the speedo?

replies much appreciated as planning on putting it in this weekend!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I tried just hooking it up to the speed sensor but it didn't work, had to splice into a + power lead. I was going to go right to the battery until I realized that in order to change setting on the healer you have to turn off/on the ignition. If your hooked to the battery the healer will never see that and it'll make it hard to work with. I believe I used the running light from the tail, works fine that way.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
greatzippy said:
I was going to go right to the battery until I realized that in order to change setting on the healer you have to turn off/on the ignition. If your hooked to the battery the healer will never see that and it'll make it hard to work with. I believe I used the running light from the tail, works fine that way.
How about an inline switch? I thought I'd read that others tried running it off the tail but had problems with it. Guess you lucked out. Soon as my credit cards are paid off I think I'll be picking one up along with the 15/48 combo. How's the 15/48 at prolonged highway speeds?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats the only thing that bothers me about the 15-48, absoulute great for around town, changes the bike totally and makes it even more fun to ride. but at cruising speeds anywhere above 75mph, does feel like the engine is really having to work hard to cruise. I do go quite quick, normally sit around 85-95mph on the motorways where possible, so bike is sitting at around 8.5-10k RPM which for cruising isn't really ideal. thinking of getting a 46 sprocket and changing it out when I do long trips. but have yet to do anything further than 50miles in a stretch with the new sprokets. So will wait and see a little!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just got through installing my speedohealer. For the +12V I connected to the license plate light because I've read that others were having problems with it connected to the tail light. The license plate light will give you a constant +12V while the ignition is on. It's easy to splice into at the connector under the left rear panel.

As for the conversion % I'm using 8% but haven't had a chance to test that value for accuracy yet. I don't think my speedo is linear though. It seems to be around 5% inaccurate at low speeds and between 7 or 8% at higher speeds.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
crx81 said:
How about an inline switch?
That would probably work just fine. The healer has to see that on/off of power and a switch would probably simulate that if you have it connected to your battery. I don't really see a reason for it not to work, if you look at the setup instructions for the healer the first step to clear the memory is to turn oll switches on with ignition off, then turn on ignition and push the button on the healer ...... flippin the switch off/on should be the same effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts