Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I purchased a speedohealer for my 01 F4i from the group buy. I can't find the place where it is supposed to plug into. There is a plug right behind the frame just peeking out of the main wire loom, on the left side of the bike about where the tank and front of the seat meet. Is this the right plug? When I disconnect it and spin my rear tire, the speedo still registers so it's making me think that I am looking at the wrong one. Is there any way you guys could look and see what color wires are coming out of it for me, or maybe take a pic? I have been trying to find this damn plug for two days now, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
98 Posts
That is the wrong spot, the speed sensor is located right in front of your rear shock. It is a pain to get to, you are probably going to need to unbolt your tank, I did. Put one hand under the unbolted tank and the other hand right through the hole next to the shock. The sensor has 3 wires coming out of it. Then just unplug the sensor and connet the red cable. I mounted my healer right in the storage "trunk". Now I just have to calibrate it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve,
I found the right plug...it was waay the hell in there. Anyways, I got it all calibrated and it works..awesome. Once again, thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep, I had a TON of trouble getting at it. How did you calibrate it? I haven't calibrated mine yet as I am trying to figure out the best approach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts