Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the speedo healer last night (thanks cal sportbike) but the configuring the thing has me a little confused. How should the switches be seated and what percentage do you change to make the speedo precise. . . ? ? ?

·
Registered
222 Posts
It all depends on the bike. Did yours come with a user manual? The switches are:
1 test
2 miles or kilometer converson
3 + or -
4 99.9
5 99.9
6 99.9

user manual:
http://www.speedohealer.com/download/SH_Manual_eng.pdf

Online conversion calculator:
http://www.speedohealer.com/eng/adjust.htm

What I did to set mine was to use a GPS, Ride at 80mph and then see what the gps read. Then used the percentage off to set the Speedohealer, rechecked and the speedo was about .5mph the GPS now. You could time mile markers if you don't have a GPS, or use a car to check your speed vs theirs. Cars are usually pretty accurate, as long as they have the stock tire/rim size.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I came home tonight to research a fix for this. I'm wanting to change the sprocket from a 46 to a 55 probably and i dont want the mph and ODO higher than they should be. How much did it cost ya to ur door?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
01cbrf4i said:
I came home tonight to research a fix for this. I'm wanting to change the sprocket from a 46 to a 55 probably and i dont want the mph and ODO higher than they should be. How much did it cost ya to ur door?
Unfortunately you missed out on the group buy. It was 68 shipped to my door and now I believe that they are back to the 80+ range. As for making the sprocket change, it won't be a problem, just get an accurate reading of your speed. The best way to do that is either with a GPS or riding along next to a car.

Once you get a precise reading of what your speed should be, then go to the speedohealer.com website and run the calculation. It will tell how to program the switches from that point.

I did this last night and just need to test it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts