Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does this work? I went on the website but I don't quite understand it. Does it hook up to your bike and you upload the info or something into the bikes computer and then unplug it, kind of like a programmer with a car, or does it actually stay with the bike? Also, I've got an 04 gsxr 600 5k miles and my buddy has an 05 gsxr 600 about 600 miles and I noticed today we were going down this highway and I was doing like 61 and he was rigjht beside me and his speedo showed like 55. How the hell is my bike off that much? Also, how much is the speedo healer? Thanks guys.

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
The speedohealer intercepts the signal coming out of your bike's speed sensor, calibrates it depending on the the values you program and then sends it along to the speedometer for display. It stays permanently attached to the bike. Install is pretty straight forward. The SH comes with plug and play harnesses for most newer bikes. The only thing I had to do to my R1 was find a suitable external power source. I tapped in to the rear license plate light.

As far as the discrepency, every bike is a little different as far as the speedo error is concerned. Also, if you change sprocket ratios that will throw off your speedo as well. Even the difference between brand new rear tire and a bald one will have an effect on your speedo accuracy.

The nice bonus of the SH is that it has a top speed memory recall as well. For $10 more than the standard SH, you can get a remote mount that allows you to install a button in the cockpit that will recall your top speed conveniently.

Finally, the SH Version 3.0 non-remote top speed recall costs $89.99 and can be had from one of SBN's very own sponsors, Cal-Sportbike. Let them know you are a member of SBN in the "How did you hear about us?" comment section and they will ship you the SH for free.

Not affiliated with SH or Cal-Sportbike in any way. Just a satisfied customer.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Krik said:
The speedohealer intercepts the signal coming out of your bike's speed sensor, calibrates it depending on the the values you program and then sends it along to the speedometer for display. It stays permanently attached to the bike. Install is pretty straight forward. The SH comes with plug and play harnesses for most newer bikes. The only thing I had to do to my R1 was find a suitable external power source. I tapped in to the rear license plate light.

As far as the discrepency, every bike is a little different as far as the speedo error is concerned. Also, if you change sprocket ratios that will throw off your speedo as well. Even the difference between brand new rear tire and a bald one will have an effect on your speedo accuracy.

The nice bonus of the SH is that it has a top speed memory recall as well. For $10 more than the standard SH, you can get a remote mount that allows you to install a button in the cockpit that will recall your top speed conveniently.

Finally, the SH Version 3.0 non-remote top speed recall costs $89.99 and can be had from one of SBN's very own sponsors, Cal-Sportbike. Let them know you are a member of SBN in the "How did you hear about us?" comment section and they will ship you the SH for free.

Not affiliated with SH or Cal-Sportbike in any way. Just a satisfied customer.

Hope that helps!
Thanks man, where does this thing stay at? Also how big is it. Again, thank you.

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
Mattz said:
Thanks man, where does this thing stay at? Also how big is it. Again, thank you.
You put it where ever you can. Underneath the passenger seat is a good place for it. It isn't that big at all. About the size of a matchbook.

·
~ Master Technician ~
2,176 Posts
Good explanation Krik! :dblthumb

When I installed mine, it took all of about 5 minutes. I used directions on their web site for setting the error percentage to compensate for my gearing change and went for a ride with a GPS in hand. At 60mph indicated on GPS, I was reading 58 on the bikes speedometer. No problem, switch a few switches, hit the button a few times and do another test. I now the bike's speedometer dead on between 55 and 75.

BTW, some velcro works very good for keeping the speedohealer in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts