Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. i just picked up my 89 fzr600. all i can say is that i love it! my first bike. feels like i'm in heaven or something. anyways. i let my friend sit on the bike and start it. he accidentally had his handle on full throttle when he hit the start button. VRROOMMM!! and next thing i know, the speedo cable came off somehow and now i dont know how or even where to put it back on. does anyone know how to put it back on? thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Where did it come off? If it came off the back of the speedometer, then it's relatively easy to reinstall it.... there's a screw on the back of it that holds the cable on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess it's the not so easy one then. the cable came off from the bottom somewhere. the cable is still connected to the back of the gauges.

·
Registered
346 Posts
the speedo housing is on the left front between the fork and the wheel. check it out. i'm at work at the moment, not exactly sure how it attaches.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That happened to me once when riding the twisties. The end of the cable should have a rubber boot on it and inside the boot should be the nut. Just screw it back onto the housing on the axle with the cable itself going into the housing. I tightened mine as much as possible with my fingers and it's been fine since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts