Sport Bikes banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. i just picked up my 89 fzr600. all i can say is that i love it! my first bike. feels like i'm in heaven or something. anyways. i let my friend sit on the bike and start it. he accidentally had his handle on full throttle when he hit the start button. VRROOMMM!! and next thing i know, the speedo cable came off somehow and now i dont know how or even where to put it back on. does anyone know how to put it back on? thanks.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Where did it come off? If it came off the back of the speedometer, then it's relatively easy to reinstall it.... there's a screw on the back of it that holds the cable on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That happened to me once when riding the twisties. The end of the cable should have a rubber boot on it and inside the boot should be the nut. Just screw it back onto the housing on the axle with the cable itself going into the housing. I tightened mine as much as possible with my fingers and it's been fine since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.