Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2000 VTR1000 Superhawk
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, OK.. I found only one mention of the fastest ticket given for speeding on a sportbike... hmmmmm... it was an RC51 he was timed as going 205mph which was faster than the airplane that spotted him. Is there any others that beat this?

·
Registered
912 Posts
If I'm not mistaken that ticket was thrown out after testimony from a honda pro that the bike couldn't go that fast without serious modifications... I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
It was thrown out after it was proven that no amount of mods to that bike could make it go that fast.There was an artical in Roadracing world last year about it and SBN was mentioned in it because the guy came on here and told us what mods he had done.

·
Banned
730 Posts
The 205mph ticket was not thrown out. Here's a news clip on the outcome. Don't be afraid to find out whether or not you're passing along BS as the truth. At least one of you usually knows better. :bitchslap
Motorcyclist Clocked At 205 MPH Pleads Guilty

Dec 23, 2004 9:54 am US/Central
Wabasha, Minn. (AP) The Minnesota motorcyclist accused of buzzing down a rural highway at 205 mph must complete nearly an hour of community service for every mile-per-hour authorities say he was going.

Sam Tilley, 20, pleaded guilty Wednesday to speeding and driving without a motorcycle license. He was sentenced to a year of probation and 200 hours of community service. Wabasha County Attorney Jim Nordstrom said he dropped a misdemeanor charge of reckless driving.

Tilley, who previously pleaded not guilty to the charges, decided against going to trial on charges that carried maximum penalties of 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Without a trial, Tilley and the State Patrol won't be able to make their case about how fast Tilley was actually going. In September, a state trooper flying above U.S. 61 in southeastern Minnesota used a stopwatch and road markings to clock Tilley going 205 mph in a 65-mph zone.

But motorcycle enthusiasts -- and Tilley himself -- said they doubted his Honda RC51 could move that fast. Tilley had his bike tested by a mechanic, who said it wouldn't exceed 159 mph.

Tilley wasn't talking about the guilty plea Wednesday and has given few interviews since the incident. The State Patrol didn't comment either.

Legal observers said while Tilley avoided jail time and fines, the community service requirement is far more than the 15 to 30 hours that even a first-time DUI offender often gets.

"If this kid gets past his probation and community service, he could have a future in motorcycle racing," said Joseph Daly, professor of law at Hamline University and a former prosecutor. "He just needs to keep it on the racetrack."

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
vuu16v said:
At least one of you usually knows better. :bitchslap
It's what I saw in Road racing world.
:neener :lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
"If this kid gets past his probation and community service, he could have a future in motorcycle racing," said Joseph Daly, professor of law at Hamline University and a former prosecutor. "He just needs to keep it on the racetrack."

^ Hey, Joseph, come over here, :bitchslap

·
Banned
730 Posts
alaska cajun said:
It's what I saw in Road racing world.
:neener :lol
Too funny you knew it was you I was talking about. :lao If it was someone always spreading crap, I'd have moved on (maybe), but I saw that and said, "shit, he's been swallowed up by the 'tards on the board". :eek:nfloor

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
vuu16v said:
Too funny you knew it was you I was talking about. :lao If it was someone always spreading crap, I'd have moved on (maybe), but I saw that and said, "shit, he's been swallowed up by the 'tards on the board". :eek:nfloor

:eek:nfloor

Sometimes I'm only as good as the source.

On another note:
One of my brothers called me yesterday and is now living somewhere in Ohio.

·
Registered
791 Posts
wow what an idiot. To know ur not speeding and then plead guilty what a fuckn fool. Soon as he proves his bike cant move past 160, the case is thrown out. Dumb ppl shouldnt break laws.

200hrs CS + probation vs. jail time. Ill take the jail time.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
User Name said:
And that would be Ohio Cajun, right?

:lol

yep.......lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts