Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile ago, before everything got erased, a few people posted some really good links to speeding ticket websites. There was one I am specifically trying to find, that had a table of some sort, that said which states share ticket information with which other states. Does anybody have any info?

I got pulled on a road trip to North Carolina (from Mass) for doing 92 in a 55. Also got written up for wreckless driving. The thing that is really killing me is I HAVE to go back for court. Supposedly they have a law that allows you to plead "Prayer of Judgement" and you get away with just court costs, if you have a clean record for 3 years, but I'm not sure if the wreckless part applies for that. Any clues?

·
Registered
14 Posts
StumpyNB said:
I got pulled on a road trip to North Carolina (from Mass) for doing 92 in a 55. Also got written up for wreckless driving. The thing that is really killing me is I HAVE to go back for court. Supposedly they have a law that allows you to plead "Prayer of Judgement" and you get away with just court costs, if you have a clean record for 3 years, but I'm not sure if the wreckless part applies for that. Any clues?
Was your ticket in NC? The reason I ask is because you can get an attorney and not have to make that trip. Post some more info, I'll see if I can get a referral for you. What County, when is courtdate, etc...

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
or call the court house and ask if they take deffered adjudication. pay the fine's but nothing goes on your record. if you don't get a ticket in the same county for usually 90 day;s.......

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the ticket by a statie in Rockingham County of NC. Racer, that deffered adjudication, is that a NC thing? Never heard of it in Mass.

Supposedly because it was so far over the limit, and wreckless driving(Bullcrap), I have to goto court. There is no fine written on the citation. I'm assuming it will be assessed on the court date (August 23rd).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Call (336) 275-9867

When the secretary answers, tell her that you're calling for Jim Swisher (he's my attorney here in Greensboro) in order to get a recommedation for an attorney in Rockingham Co. You'll probably get to talk to him if you call after 2pm. He may ask you to explain your situation and he can advise you of the way the laws here will typically work. Anyways, he won't steer you wrong. I'd be willing to bet that you won't have to come back to NC to appear. It will cost you, but travelling just for court is a huge pain in the ass. It'll be worth it.

As for the deffered adjudication, NC doesn't have that program.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
well, call and ask.....it can't hurt. BTW i've used it down here in TX.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Reckless Driving!!! Shit that aint good. Thats a "Jailable Offense" you best have a lawyer when ya do yer talkin. I recently got dome on No Nofault. Which is also a Jailable Offense. Look at the ticket, it should say on it instead of "Moving Violation" it will have Federal Offense.... All I can tell you is most states thanks to FnF2 are taking Reckless Driving really seriously....

I hope I'm wrong... But I'd find a lawyer, public defender at the least.... That doan sound good at all....

Taken from a NC site....

Question 31: What is the punishment for reckless driving and six counts of public endangerment?

Answer: Reckless driving is a class 2 misdemeanor which is punishable by up to 4 months in jail, up to 2 years probation, and a fine of up to $750.00. In addition, your driving privileges could be suspended for up to 90 days. If you have a prior conviction for negligent homicide, manslaughter, or a DUI, reckless driving becomes a class 1 misdemeanor and you must serve at least 20 days in jail before you are eligible for probation, you may be fined up to $2500.00, and your drivers license will be revoked.

Endangerment is a class 1 misdemeanor which is punishable by up to 6 months in jail, up to 3 years probation, and a fine of up to $2500.00. However, if you endangered someone to the point there was a substantial risk of death, the crime becomes a class 6 felony, which is punishable by up to 1.5 years in prison, up to 3 years probation, and a fine of up to $150,000.00, yes, that's $150,000.00.

heres the addy to law site... http://www.lawforkids.org/QA/Driving/Driving31.cfm?All=Yes

Bottom line, do just as X just told you...... or buy some "Butt Guard" sorry but uf you ignore this it's gunna bite real hard. Sorry about what you did but whoever said you could be up on a murder rap had you hit someone....

Dam that is a scary ass law... read the bottom. It's not if YOU KILLED someone, rather IF you were indangering someone. A cop could easily interpert that as Yes you were endangering the public.... YIKES... Go Now and do what X suggested. Good Luck Bro...

·
Registered
321 Posts
After reading this chit, I should go back and find the cop that gave me a break when he caught me with the laser doing 85 in a 35 a few weels ago!! It was backroads. I am hitting it kind of fast, no traffic, and all of a sudden when I am getting ready for the next curve, I see something in the road. It was a cop waving me to the side. I said "oh shit".. When I got off, he pointed to his laser gun, and told me I was doing double plus the speed limit!! I took off my du rag to show my gray hair, and copped one of the biggest pleads I ever done. The cop was stone face, and at the time was giving another motorist a 5 point ticket. He came back to me, and told me to give him my license and registration. I am copping a plead all the time. Saying officer, I am dam near 64 years old, I am scare as shit of deer, and I thought I saw a deer...Anyway, the cop told me if I come up with my registration card, he would give me a ticket for speeding, if I didn't find my registration, he would just give me a ticket for not having my registration card. Cost $35, no points. I wanted to hug the cop.. He could have made things real bad for me, insurance wise, fine wise, and the price of a lawyer..

Wish you luck on yours, hope you get a judge as nice as that cop..

ceh

·
Registered
62 Posts
Krazy Hawaiian said:
I recently got dome on No Nofault. Which is also a Jailable Offense.
Huh?

Look at the ticket, it should say on it instead of "Moving Violation" it will have Federal Offense....
Federal offense?

All I can tell you is most states thanks to FnF2 are taking Reckless Driving really seriously....
What's a FnF2?

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Lol, the only thing I understood about that was FnF2, I think it's talking about 2F2F (2 Fast 2 Furious)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts