Sport Bikes banner

161 - 167 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
A decent lawyer should be able to get you out of the speeding and reckless op.

It's grossly obvious that the police misobserved the speed at which you were travelling. If that was misobserved, how can they properly observe whether or not you were riding recklessly? Unless you were cited for stunting or something...

Good luck man. You've got supporters all over the country.

·
Registered
353 Posts
linuxbikr said:
Supporters for what? Being an idiot?
For fighting a grossly inaccurate citation written by a cop with an obvious bias against motorcycles and no intention of upholding the law, only punishing those he wishes to punish.

You do realize that if he's convicted of 205, that sets a precedent for all police in Minnesota, and eventually across the country, to use a stopwatch and an eyeball to write legally binding citations instead of a verifiable measurement? And that doesn't scare you? You could be moving along with traffic at 75 on the freeway and a cop can claim to have timed you over a certain distance at 105 and you'd have no recourse.

Is this guy an idiot? Of course, but who on here hasn't done triple digits on a bike on an open road (besides me, since my bike don't go that fast)? Should he be cited, yes, for what he was doing. Should he pay the consequences? Of course.

But not for an overzealous cop in a plane 10K feet up with an itchy finger on a stopwatch. And the only way to correct that is to have the ticket thrown out of court.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RussXL.....You seem to have alot of facts there (Overzealous cop, in plane at 10,000 ft, grossly inaccurate....etc) Did you interview the officer? Do you have some expertise in this method of law enforcement? I'm very interested to see just how inaccurate this method of speed enforcement is.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Trumpet said:
RussXL.....You seem to have alot of facts there (Overzealous cop, in plane at 10,000 ft, grossly inaccurate....etc) Did you interview the officer? Do you have some expertise in this method of law enforcement? I'm very interested to see just how inaccurate this method of speed enforcement is.
Its common sense, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out it is a very flawed way of measuring speed accurately. Do it for yourself, just plug in different numbers to the formula and see how off the mph are for just .5seconds off.

·
Registered
21 Posts
there is no possible way he did not get arrested with airsupport on him i was arrested in marin with air support and 8 ground units going only 185 those are felony speeds wreckless endagerment public and human safety violations evading a police officer resisting arresst with out a licence or proof of insurance all of those are lovely felony except the licence and no isurance know we know he had no isurance because it is impossiable to get insurance w/o a licence so fix your and come back next week sounds good though to a squid

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
RC51RVT1000r said:
there is no possible way he did not get arrested with airsupport on him i was arrested in marin with air support and 8 ground units going only 185 those are felony speeds wreckless endagerment public and human safety violations evading a police officer resisting arresst with out a licence or proof of insurance all of those are lovely felony except the licence and no isurance know we know he had no isurance because it is impossiable to get insurance w/o a licence so fix your and come back next week sounds good though to a squid
You are very hard to understand.

I got my insurance without a motorcycle endorsement on my license.

161 - 167 of 167 Posts