Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
There has to be an error with plane spotting. I am fighting a ticket right now for 87mph and I was going about 65mph the whole time I was on the freeway. Gotta factor in the reaction time to start and stop the stopwatch while watching the lines. But congrats to him for going that fast. And he DIDN'T CRASH, so shut up gear nazi's.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
laserb said:
There has to be an error with plane spotting. I am fighting a ticket right now for 87mph and I was going about 65mph the whole time I was on the freeway. Gotta factor in the reaction time to start and stop the stopwatch while watching the lines. But congrats to him for going that fast. And he DIDN'T CRASH, so shut up gear nazi's.
WEAR PROTECTIVE GEAR!!!

Your choice not too..........As a Moderator and educator, my duty to promote "cognizant" riding.

Ciao!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Big15 said:
Or he is trying to come up with money for a ticket for 140mph over the speed limit :eek:
I don't know about state of Minn. and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's $5 bucks per mile, for every mile over 70 MPH speed limit. That's $700 bucks and I think it's 16 points. :eek: Since the speed limit was 65 MPH, the speed fine multiplier may be lower.

It would be interesting to hear what his defense will be in a court with his lawyer present, and not having motorcycle license is going to be even more tough. :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
f2benny said:
"Only a handful of exotic sports cars can reach 200 mph, but many high-performance motorcycles can top 175 mph. With minor modifications, they can hit 200 mph. Tilley was riding a Honda 1000, Loney said."

I wish they detailed these "minor" mods. It is incredibly tough to get 200 out of a bike in the real world. As a matter of fact, he was probably "only" doing about 170-180. 5 seconds in the 1/4 mile is 180.

Agreed. The top MotoGP bikes hit 200+ and those minor modifications cost, what like at least $150K.

JP

·
Registered
63 Posts
For those of you who live in Minnesota. That like to ride twisities should diffently hit up Wabasha. Not as fast as that kid did, but it just 25-30miles of stright twisties. Its on Hwy 60 and it intersects 61. It's mainly farm land down there. On one stright I hit 148 on my R6 on a windy ass day...by the way me and a couple of my buddies got pulled over heading down there from the twin cities. For weaving in and out of traffic and blah blah blah...no ticket though. Just becareful for those of you that want to head down there from Upper Minnesota

·
VTX1300c rider
1,082 Posts
KIMO-R1 said:
I don't know about state of Minn. and someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it's $5 bucks per mile, for every mile over 70 MPH speed limit. That's $700 bucks and I think it's 16 points. :eek: Since the speed limit was 65 MPH, the speed fine multiplier may be lower.

It would be interesting to hear what his defense will be in a court with his lawyer present, and not having motorcycle license is going to be even more tough. :(

Running that fast could be a criminal violation instead of traffic violation andthis could let the judge be more creative with the fine, possibly a lot higher and a long suspension of drivers license among other things.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the thing is...the cop only got him for reckless. In the state of minnesota speeding is speeding. The fines are the same. but reckless is a lil different, the fine is up to the judge to decide. IF he had a previous good record on hand, the judge might drop the charge down to a careless. It couldn't have been a criminal violation, because he had no passenger with him. (I believe thats the only way he would be charge with a criminal violation). But another thing you have to keep in mind is that he doesn't even have a motorcycle license. The fine on that could add up

·
VTX1300c rider
1,082 Posts
Big15 The State Patrol officer arrested the faster rider said:
I think this looks like 3 tickets
1. Reckless driving
2. Driving without a motorcycle license
3. Driving 140 mph over the posted speed limit of 65 mph

·
Registered
994 Posts
Interesting how the one spot where the rider thought it was safe to speed is the one spot with the vascar markings on it.

Keep an eye for the eye in the sky.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
f2benny said:
"Only a handful of exotic sports cars can reach 200 mph, but many high-performance motorcycles can top 175 mph. With minor modifications, they can hit 200 mph. Tilley was riding a Honda 1000, Loney said."

I wish they detailed these "minor" mods. It is incredibly tough to get 200 out of a bike in the real world. As a matter of fact, he was probably "only" doing about 170-180. 5 seconds in the 1/4 mile is 180.
the artice says he clicked off 4.39 seconds on his stopwatch.

·
Sub-Zero
922 Posts
that's freakin fast for a honda 1000 to go 205 mph. i know he got to be doing at least 195or198mph.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
i hope he at least gets some kind of trophy for breaking the record, i'd sure be pissed if it were me and all i got was a lousy ticket.

at least he had his gear on.

·
Registered
63 Posts
someone that knows him told me he was on a Honda RC51...which doesn't have nearly the top end of a CBR1000RR

·
How about them Redskins?
2,418 Posts
Kiss that DL goodby for a long time mang..............

·
Registered
148 Posts
no more speeding for me. me and the wife were discussing this and i let 147 mph slip out of my mouth on my way to Mid-Ohio last year. pray for me!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I love what Kathy Swanson said "only racing gear could have save the rider" Its true in some cases...Ask Ben Speis about it. Thats like 1 out of every 1000 that will survive on the street at 205mph plus

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
So how many points is that on your record?? Do you think his insurance is still carrying him?

:twofinger

21 - 40 of 167 Posts