Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and a couple buddies went out riding through some twisties today and one of them had his speed triple. ive seen it before but today was the first day i rode with him. those things are fricken sweet bikes... its like a orange kinda yellow color. it looks bad ass and he really can ride it. just thought i would share...who else rides one and how do you like it!? he use to have a gsxr but his wife made him get something "less sporty" and thats what he ended up with...lol

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Bought one less than a month ago and I absolutely LOVE it. I've already put over 800 miles on the thing, and that's between a few late winter blizzards! It's got so much personality I'm surprised they're not more popular. Most people have no idea what it is, had one guy ask me if I built it myself, he thought it was a complete custom bike.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
I have a big daytona, basically exactly the same bike as the old speed triple...

I LOVE IT. I can't describe how much i love it. I rode an 06 GSXR 600 last weekend and was surprised at how much more i like my bike. I figured that i might be missing out on something by not having the most current racing technology...

But damn... this bike is SOOO much better.

:D

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
I have a friend w/a speed triple and whenever I get the chance to ride it I love it, wouldn't replace my current bike w/one but I would like one as a second bike.

·
Registered
309 Posts
when i get too old, or tired of riding torture rack sportbikes, i'm getting a speed triple. MV and aprilia make a convincing case with the brutale/tuono, but in the end, i'd rather have the triple.

1050cc's of 3 cyl madness? where do i sign up??

·
Registered
250 Posts
:bowdown :bowdown :bowdown

Speed triple is defiantly #1 on my list for my next bike. I actually went to the triumph dealer on Friday to check them out. The sales lady asked if i would like to test ride it, but i declined so i wouldn't make a mistake and leave with an empty wallet. I'm not a big fan of white bike or cars but i think i would have to go white for the speed triple.

Rumors is they are releasing the "Triumph Street Speed 675" in July.

I had the joy of riding my friends daytona 675 over the weekend and it was sure an AWESOME bike.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2007/03/29/triumph-street-speed-675/

·
Venomous Duck
2,890 Posts
kevinwilly said:
I have a big daytona, basically exactly the same bike as the old speed triple...

I LOVE IT. I can't describe how much i love it. I rode an 06 GSXR 600 last weekend and was surprised at how much more i like my bike. I figured that i might be missing out on something by not having the most current racing technology...

But damn... this bike is SOOO much better.

:D
Yep...what he said :D

·
insanity or genius
755 Posts
I dont think most rocket riders realize how much fun a naked hooligan like the speed triple is, its smoother than the new FZ1 and Z1000. A lot cheaper than a Tourno, I love naked semi naked if the green 675 shopws up at the dealer Im going to have a new monthly payment.

·
Lickalotapuss
2,859 Posts
+1 when I am not throwing it on the ground....it is a blast! I definitely feel I made the right choice.

·
Habitual line-stepper
11,594 Posts
It makes me so happy that our little Triumph family is growing....

ahhhh.... :D

Though I won't feel so special if all you people keep buying up Triumphs. They're GREAT.... but leave them all for me! PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
kevinwilly said:
It makes me so happy that our little Triumph family is growing....
Awe, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside... :slaugh You guys are a much better crowd than the Harley guys anyway. Went back to the dealer where I got mine to pick up a few things and my V-Rod was still there, all by it's lonesome, surrounded by Hondas and Triumphs. Felt a little bad for a second or two... feeling went away as soon as I got back on my Triple!

kevinwilly said:
Though I won't feel so special if all you people keep buying up Triumphs. They're GREAT.... but leave them all for me! PLEASE!!!
NEVER!! Must... get... 675... someday...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha... nice comments guys! i agree with all of you on how sweet they are! "less sporty" my ass but hey i guess he sure did fool his wify with it

·
Registered
142 Posts
The look of the Triple is awesome. It definitively has that custom look which makes it stand out from the crowd. I will be getting one myself one day but not yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts