Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Sounds like 30 buyers are gonna get a great deal!!!

It's funny, I don't keep bikes for long. But I'm really enjoying this Speed Triple. It might be the perfect bike for me. Now if I could just stop the S1000RR/1199/Tuono V4 fantasies.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
That's very sharp.

PhilB

·
Deutsche Rüstungsteilung
14,312 Posts
I preferred the Tuono over the Speed Triple and Monster when I rode all three. I'm sure the Tuono V4 would be even better. If BMW makes a naked S1000RR that would be insane.

·
OO=[][]=OO
7,410 Posts
that doesn't do it for me. too busy. when it comes to nakeds, i feel Less is definitely more. lately it seems most manufacturers have been pushing the more is more design.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Meh, I'm not a fan of any of Triumph's designs lately, and they used to be my favorite. All of their latest efforts are either too busy or BMW knockoffs. They need to get back to their simple elegance they had circa 2009. At least this special edition doesn't have that ugly new tank logo.

I mean Aprilias are ugly as fuck, but they always have been ugly as fuck, so that's kind of their thing. They say, "I look like shit, but ride me and we'll have fun." Triumphs were beautiful at one point, their new designs are just hideous, especially the new Street Triple. I suppose if I had never seen the old bikes I wouldn't mind as much.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Really dislike the new headlight setup.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I really wish BMW would make an S1000RR naked. That said, I'm sure there'll be a 1199 street fighter. I think that would be a supercool bike.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I really don't get the idea of 150+hp naked bikes (like the Tuono v-4). I figure with that much power a full sport-bike fairing and low bars are needed (for stability and safety) for the speeds that can be attained. My 100 hp 675 STR is scary enough at 140 mph with no streamlining.
-But most people hit the aftermarket to personalize their bikes anyway. After 3 large my STR little resembles the stock pics.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
I really don't get the idea of 150+hp naked bikes (like the Tuono v-4). I figure with that much power a full sport-bike fairing and low bars are needed (for stability and safety) for the speeds that can be attained...
Just my $.02, but isn't "a bad idea" the whole point of a naked bike?

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Ugly

1 - 16 of 16 Posts