1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
ok....hello.

·
Registered
600 Posts
A little bit. The sad fact is that not many people here have Speed Fours, despite their overwhelming superiority over pretty much any sport motorcycle under $7000... it's too bad.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Considering that they based the S4 on the TT600, which hasn't been sold for years now, I think the Speed Four had a pretty good run. I was surprised when they didn't use the Daytona 600 as an updated platform. I've already seen the 675 prototype. It looks nice, but I think I'm going to get the daytona 675. But I plan on keeping my S4 too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here's a link I found on another site. A few seconds into the clip, there's a guy running the 1/4 mile on a speed four.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There's one at the Triumph dealer here. They've had it forever (as well as a Speed Triple, Sprint ST and a Thruxton). Seems people in Northern MI don't like Triumph's. They also had a 675. That didn't last long, however.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello fellow triumph owners:)
I just stumbled onto this site while looking for ways to modify my speed four!
So i joined.....obviously!
anywho.....I love the speed four, mine is a 2004 racing yellow, with a rear hugger and a speed sheild from "laminar lip"(well worth the 80 bucks)

Now I'm trying to decide which way to tune the fuel map.......any real world advice would be helpful:) which air filter, exhaust, etc........my local triumph dealer says he can tune it and dial in a little smoothness....for around an hours worth of labor. I know i'll be in constant "tweak" mode if i buy a pc .....
I really just enjoy riding through the twisties!

I found a post on speedfour.org about modifying the stock exhaust.....it called for cutting the welds on the tip pulling the end cap, cutting off the tip at the flared part (about halfway in) so you can pull out the packing and baffle. I did this and chose to reweld it (be careful to reposition it correctly)....tap the end cap on snugly with a wooden block and re-weld the end cap as before.
looks stock, with a nice improvment in sound and punch! and it didn't hurt my wallet!

Just in case anyone was wondering about my site name, .......I'm a born again christian.......love the bible.......because He (Jesus) first loved me.
Eph 3:14-21
Eric
Ride safe!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Chillerguy said:
There's one at the Triumph dealer here. They've had it forever (as well as a Speed Triple, Sprint ST and a Thruxton). Seems people in Northern MI don't like Triumph's. They also had a 675. That didn't last long, however.
Correction chiller, we actually had 2 in stock, both of them Jet Black. I picked up the first one and then a kid from Ludington got the second about 2 weeks later. As for our 675's we HAD one of each color. A guy down in Brighton bought the 1st (Tornado Red) after sitting on a yellow one @ Life Cycle. The 2nd (Graphite) went to a fellow empoyee of the Dealership, and the final one (Scorched Gold) went up to Petoskey as I recall.

Anyway, good to see a fellow Norhtern Mi rider on the forums, now which Sprint are you, the Blue or the Red?

·
Registered
205 Posts
SpiritZeroThree said:
Correction chiller, we actually had 2 in stock, both of them Jet Black. I picked up the first one and then a kid from Ludington got the second about 2 weeks later. As for our 675's we HAD one of each color. A guy down in Brighton bought the 1st (Tornado Red) after sitting on a yellow one @ Life Cycle. The 2nd (Graphite) went to a fellow empoyee of the Dealership, and the final one (Scorched Gold) went up to Petoskey as I recall.

Anyway, good to see a fellow Norhtern Mi rider on the forums, now which Sprint are you, the Blue or the Red?
Well, now you know exactly which one I am!

·
Registered
6 Posts
better post a pic here

A pic of my Speed four

Another with my wifes Daytona 600

All smiles around my house :banana

·
Shut the **** up and ride
5,031 Posts
bikes looks great next to each other...and nothing compliments that speed4 with the background of that lake.

post up some more when you get a chance! what kinda camera you using?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts